Knee pad peeling off

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

What kind is it?

If it's almost new, bring it back to the dealer.

Terry

shrswnm:
I have an almost new wetsuit and one knee patch is peeling off. Any suggestions on how to reattach it? Glue?
BarbaraSHW

AQUASEAL! (Mcnetts)

Just a tip. This is something you might want to pick up at your LDS. They can give you tips on how to properly clean and prepaer the neoprene for best adhesion. I myself do buy a lot of stuff online but in this case, it might be worth the few extra dollars for some sound advice.

nauidiver2004:
Just a tip. This is something you might want to pick up at your LDS. They can give you tips on how to properly clean and prepaer the neoprene for best adhesion. I myself do buy a lot of stuff online but in this case, it might be worth the few extra dollars for some sound advice.

I'll call tomorrow. It's a 5 hour drive. I'm going next Sunday and was looking forward to using my new gear. Does this stuff need a long time to dry? maybe he can send it to me and tell me how to use it over the phone.

shrswnm:
I'll call tomorrow. It's a 5 hour drive. I'm going next Sunday and was looking forward to using my new gear. Does this stuff need a long time to dry? maybe he can send it to me and tell me how to use it over the phone.

I think Aquaseal is dry enough for use after 24 hours. I think it continues to set up, though, for quite some time (like four or five days). Since the kneepad is a non-critical part, I think you'd be fine diving the suit after 24 hours' drying time.

Mark

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom