Knee issue while diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I have a bad left knee from high school sports back in the day. I say back in the day, was only like 13 years ago lol. Anywho, Split fins help a little bit. Frog kicking helps too. Im kick slow AF. Usually my dive buddies are looking back waiting for me to catch up. Take it slow and listen to your body.

I have a bad left knee from high school sports back in the day. I say back in the day, was only like 13 years ago lol. Anywho, Split fins help a little bit. Frog kicking helps too. Im kick slow AF. Usually my dive buddies are looking back waiting for me to catch up. Take it slow and listen to your body.
And you see more of the little stuff going slow anyway!

See an orthopedic surgeon. Get an MRI, don't guess and don't just take accept the diagnosis of a chiropractor. A torn meniscus doesn't repair itself. I have had three knee surgeries on the right knee, which is getting replaced very soon. I injured the left knee 17 years ago, suspected cartilage tear. It stopped bothering me, so I never had it fixed. Last year it started hurting and it hasn't gotten worse. And yes, it hurts when I fin. I've had the MRI and will get the left knee fixed in December. It's a quick an easy procedure. See an ortho and get it fixed.

Back
Top Bottom