Killer Texas BBQ

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Diver Kat once bubbled...
GeekDiver .... sign me up!!! Test dummy for the effects of Bar-b-que on a person sounds like my kind of job!! Since I'm an oriiginal Yankee, I can do the study from the northerners perspective!! (I may be a Yankee, but no real dummy - NO ONE does bar-b-que like Texas!!):wink:

Can anyone tell me why World Championship Barbecue Cookoffs are held almost everywhere BUT Texas??? :upset:

I saw one on the Travel Channel a year or so ago held in *gasp* Kentucky!! (no offense to our KPP pals, but give me a break...) :confused:

Now, I've just heard about one on the Food Network in Memphis. Now Memphis barbecue is pretty good, but it doesn't hold a candle to Texas BBQ. Of course, nowhere else does, either...:eek:ut:

Dee .... only Dan Quayle spells potato that way!! And he ain't no yankee!! (thank God!!)

Scubatooth - be careful on where you go with bar-b-que cooking techniques - in Tx you'll get a hotter debate on that then you will on politics!

And JT2 has started discussing briskets & hogs and all kinds of stuff on the "Possum Kingdom" thread ........

All this talk of bar-b-que makes me want to jump in the car and head back to Cooper's in Junction!! (or Coopers in Llano, Opies in Spicwood, Salt Lick in Driftwood ......):D

so i fat fingered the spelling of the spud and i get alot of grief , geez.

as for Q i can say that i have judged the national BBQ competition in meridian texas for the past two years and have had some incredable Q. and i have see it do every way from simmerred in sauce all day to the cow rotated and a tube of flames . to the worlds largest smoker that is a converted 18 wheeler tanks hauler, it can handle a herd of cows, pigs and chickens nad stick have room.

as for how i do Q well i only normally do steak at the house but currently i have some brisket in marinating in a secert marinade to by smoker tomorrow(if i told you what was in the marinade i would have to drown you )

Yikes!! Judging Tx bar-b-que .... Do they know you're a former Yankee?? My preference is ribs to brisket, but Alan is a brisket fiend, so we usually do a bar-b-que pilgrimage once or twice a year.

Yikes!! Judging Tx bar-b-que .... Do they know you're a former Yankee?? My preference is ribs to brisket, but Alan is a brisket fiend, so we usually do a bar-b-que pilgrimage once or twice a year.

LOL! Kat....ribs are my favorite too!

Anybody that thinks Texas BBQ is a killer has obviously never attended a chili cook off!

well i was born south of the mason dixon line and have a convicted felons signature on my BC, but was raised just slightly north of it. also i only lived above the line for 9 years i moved here in 90

Cave Diver ...

Anybody that thinks Texas BBQ is a killer has obviously never attended a chili cook off!

i have gone ot one and that was the only one because i remeber being sick for a week afterwards, and with my stomach now i probably wont do it again, and im under orders from my GI doc not to do that again.

The mention of a chili contest reminds me of one of the funniest jokes I've ever heard, but unfortunately I can't post it here. But if you do a Yahoo search for "Texas chili contest lava," then you'll find it right away.

You could probably fill the Astrodome with all the people who claim to make the best chili in Texas.

wrongkey once bubbled...
The mention of a chili contest reminds me of one of the funniest jokes I've ever heard, but unfortunately I can't post it here. But if you do a Yahoo search for "Texas chili contest lava," then you'll find it right away.

You could probably fill the Astrodome with all the people who claim to make the best chili in Texas.

that joke is a oldie but a goodie, many variations from curry to thai food, etc but my favorite line is from item #6 I need to wipe my <Censored (this is a family board)> with a snow cone!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom