Key Largo's best?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

It depends on what you like (six packs, "cattle boats", deep wrecks, reef dives)... I use Ocean Divers (MM 100), but it is a larger operation and some divers prefer smaller operators. They have several large boats and do am 2 tanks to the deep wrecks and pm 2 tanks to Molasses reef, the Christ statue or other shallow sites. The Marina del Mar, a relatively inexpensive motel, is within walking distance of their pier. But as others will soon point out, there are numerous excellent operators in Key Largo.

Is use HMS Minnow www.hmsminnow.com and have nothing but good to say about them.

This is a six pack, one man operation I use every time I go to the Keys. I highly recommend them to anyone who wants to avoid the crowds and get out to the best sites before the cattleboats.

I'll agree with Ocean Divers & SS Minnow. Marina del Mar is also agreat place to stay

last time I was down there, Quiessence....six pack, great diving, good service, they treat you like you know how to dive, so if you don't try someone else.

blue water divers is good too, and brent is regular member here.

We all have our preferences, for one reason or another. I would suggest going to several of the web sites of the recommended--check out their rates, boat size and call them. Find one that fits your personality.....and enjoying diving in the Keys!!

Pat

covediver:
last time I was down there, Quiessence....six pack, great diving, good service, they treat you like you know how to dive, so if you don't try someone else.

That all depends on who the captain is. Most of their captains are great and I would reccomend them. One isn't and was a total pain in the *** though.... All he did was whine the whole time. Unfortunately he is the owner so he won't be going anywhere...

If you get the other captains with Quiessence, they are great though.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom