Key Largo Wrecks 1/13 - 1/16

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Not sure we'd be here after 7PM, usually out of the shop by 5:30 or 6pm. Maybe Brent can get you back to the dock earlier. We'll try and work something out.

Good Diving,

KeyLargoBrent:
Minimum water temperature was 72f yesterday. Most are diving wet.

The smart ones are diving dry. :D

Gary

Thanks for the info. We'll try to get to the shop asap after we get back to the dock although I'm sure we'll have the time to pick the tanks up on Sunday before the dive.

Capt Gary:
Not sure we'd be here after 7PM, usually out of the shop by 5:30 or 6pm. Maybe Brent can get you back to the dock earlier. We'll try and work something out.

Good Diving,
We normally spend two hours onsite, and return to the dock at ~4:30pm.

If we can get the tanks at our shop aorund 5pm, we'll be able to fill right then and there where you can take them back with you. Will that work?

Good Diving,

We'll sure try to get there as soon as possible so we won't hold you guys up.

Guess we'll see how things work out next week. Now lets all keep our fingers crossed for good weather.

Thanks

Don't believe that I will be able to make this one.

But I do think that I will avail myself of the offer for the monthly dive in February.

Ok - anyone else going? Anyone wanna split a room Saturday? Hmm - perhaps I can just park in front of world watersports and sleep on top of my tanks in the back of the truck... :)

Ok, Here's the latest weather forcast.

SATURDAY: NORTHWEST TO NORTH WINDS 20 KNOTS AND GUSTY. SEAS BEYOND THE REEF 4 TO 8 FEET. SEAS INSIDE THE REEF BECOMING 2 TO 3 FEET.
NEARSHORE WATERS ROUGH. ISOLATED MORNING SHOWERS.

SUNDAY AND MONDAY: EAST WINDS NEAR 15 KNOTS. SEAS BEYOND THE REEF
3 TO 5 FEET...EXCEPT HIGHER IN THE GULF STREAM. SEAS INSIDE THE REEF
AROUND 2 FEET. NEARSHORE WATERS A MODERATE CHOP.

I just talked to Brent and he said that as long as the winds stay out of the North below 25 knots we'll be fine. The seas should be something like 2 to 3 feet at the wreck site for Saturday. For those of us diving on Sunday the conditions should ba about the same. The one thing he did say it that it'll be cold after the dive with the winds blowing so hard, so dress warm.

I'm going to check the weather forcast again tomorrow and if anything changes I'll post the info and we can all make a decsion then.

Here's the latest update...

SATURDAY: NORTHWEST TO NORTH WINDS NEAR 25 KNOTS. SEAS BEYOND THE
REEF BUILDING TO 6 TO 10 FEET...EXCEPT 9 TO 13 FEET FOR THE WATERS
FROM KEY WEST TO 20 NM WEST OF DRY TORTUGAS. SEAS INSIDE THE REEF 2
TO 3 FEET. NEARSHORE WATERS VERY ROUGH. ISOLATED SHOWERS EARLY.

SUNDAY: NORTHWEST TO NORTH WINDS NEAR 20 KNOTS...BECOMING NORTH
NEAR 15 KNOTS IN THE AFTERNOON. SEAS BEYOND THE REEF 4 TO 7 FEET
EARLY...SUBSIDING TO 3 TO 6 FEET...EXCEPT 6 TO 9 FEET FOR THE WATERS
FROM KEY WEST TO 20 NM WEST OF DRY TORTUGAS. SEAS INSIDE THE REEF
AROUND 2 FEET. NEARSHORE WATERS BECOMING CHOPPY.

I just talked to KBeck and we've decided to bag it for this weekend. Sorry guys but being cold, wet and on rough seas just doesn't sound like a good weekend. Maybe one of these weekends we'll actually get some nice weather and we can all get together and try this again.

For those of you brave enough to try it, have fun and we'll be waiting to read the trip report when you get back.

Hey! I am sitting here at the county library biding my time.... I am on my way down, and there is a wreck at mile-marker 70-something.... can't get to my hotel or the dive shop from here! I hope it will clear in time! If anyone else still plans to come down, give me a buzz. If you don't have my number, PM me, and I'll check my inbox again when I get to the hotel.

Sorry the wreck dive didn't work out. Hopefully I'll meet up with y'all some other time!:)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom