Key Largo Water Temperature and Wetsuit Thickness

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thanks for all the advice guys - I'm sticking with my 3mm full suit and we'll see how it goes.

Thanks again!
I came across this old post & wanted to know if the 3mm wetsuit was warm enough? I’m planning on going in December & have a 3mm & 7mil semi-dry. No 5mm yet but may get one for this trip. Thanks

I came across this old post & wanted to know if the 3mm wetsuit was warm enough? I’m planning on going in December & have a 3mm & 7mil semi-dry. No 5mm yet but may get one for this trip. Thanks

Expect mid 70s in December. 3mm should do the trick. You may also want to consider investing in a 1-3mm vest or Lava Core shirt that you can wear underneath your 3mm if you do end up getting chilly in those temps. Easy to pack and easy to don if you end up needing it.

I usually wear a 3mm down to 80, then a 3mm with a Lava Core shirt from 75-80, and a 5mm under 75. It's hard to be too warm underwater but it's really easy to be too cold.

Expect mid 70s in December. 3mm should do the trick. You may also want to consider investing in a 1-3mm vest or Lava Core shirt that you can wear underneath your 3mm if you do end up getting chilly in those temps. Easy to pack and easy to don if you end up needing it.

I usually wear a 3mm down to 80, then a 3mm with a Lava Core shirt from 75-80, and a 5mm under 75. It's hard to be too warm underwater but it's really easy to be too cold.
I'll have to check if my 2mm vest/hood can fit under my 3mm suit...I may have added a few mil of natural padding recently. If not then I'll pick up a 5mm for the trip. I'd rather be a little warm, than cold for sure.

I'll have to check if my 2mm vest/hood can fit under my 3mm suit...I may have added a few mil of natural padding recently. If not then I'll pick up a 5mm for the trip. I'd rather be a little warm, than cold for sure.
I dive pretty frequently in the upper keys.
Water temp lately has been 70/74

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom