Key Largo vs Jupiter/West Palm Beach area

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Corals are down all over, even in the Keys, but there are still corals in the WPB area. Maybe ScubaDada and others can share their pics of both places. These are horrible pics, but I'll still send you to these albums:

Tenneco Towers

Blue Heron Bridge

The Florida Keys

Thanks!! The pictures look good---I hope there hasn't been too much deterioration since they were taken.

He's been stalking me ever since! :D :D :D Yeah, that brings back some great memories. @Scubakevdm is a great operator and an awesome diver. He brings a real passion to every trip and he won't allow spearos on his boat. It's a largish boat for a six pack, so you won't ever be crowded. Great, great op, and you often meet SBers on there. Often. Dang, now I got to plan a trip down there. :D
Actually, spear fishing is quite popular in SE Florida, UE, as well as the other 4 operators I use, allow for spear fishing.

UE, as well as the other 4 operators I use, allow for spear fishing.
I think only if they charter the whole boat. He used to try to avoid them.

I’m also a relatively new diver, I dive with Scuba Works (Divocean) out of Jupiter mostly but have been out with Narcosis and with Pura Vida, all great outfits and the deepest reefs I’ve been on were about 70’ but on a clear day you can see everything even at 30’. Pura Vida does open ocean “black water” (night) dives and also have free guided night dives at BHB if you wanted to try a night dive but not ready for open ocean. (Force E offers this as well) As for the drift aspect you’ll be required to carry a dsmb, but I’ve never had to deploy mine other than when I felt like practicing. You’ll enjoy it no matter where you go, the keys do tend to be more picturesque but I’ve seen more big wildlife here in the Palm Beach/Jupiter area.

Here’s a link to my most recent dive off Jupiter, the viz was only about 30’ and the water was full of particulate as we’ve been having a lot of storms lately.
It's not viewable to us. Please do a copy and paste so we can see! The more pics, the better.

I’m also a relatively new diver, I dive with Scuba Works (Divocean) out of Jupiter mostly but have been out with Narcosis and with Pura Vida, all great outfits and the deepest reefs I’ve been on were about 70’ but on a clear day you can see everything even at 30’. Pura Vida does open ocean “black water” (night) dives and also have free guided night dives at BHB if you wanted to try a night dive but not ready for open ocean. (Force E offers this as well) As for the drift aspect you’ll be required to carry a dsmb, but I’ve never had to deploy mine other than when I felt like practicing. You’ll enjoy it no matter where you go, the keys do tend to be more picturesque but I’ve seen more big wildlife here in the Palm Beach/Jupiter area.

Thanks for the info!

ooooh, I would love to do a black water dive. You hold onto a line, right?

Night dives are different than black water dives... at least to me. You're not going to get a real blackwater dive in the openocean. Lakes and some shore dives (Like Venice Beach Fl) can give you "derepmet" visibility where the only thing you can see is "tempered" backward in your facemask. :D Night diving is incredibly fun, and that's when a lot of the nocturnal creatures, like octopi and sharks become a bit more active. Fun, fun and you don't need a line: just a couple of flashlights.

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom