Key Largo shops/diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Another vote for Silent World. I have done two vacations with them. Both times I was served very well.

Another vote for Silent World. I have done two vacations with them. Both times I was served very well.
Thanks - I'm thinking I should have created a poll - Silent World certainly has a lot folks that will speak up for them, they must be doing something right!

Thanks again.

Thanks - I'm thinking I should have created a poll - Silent World certainly has a lot folks that will speak up for them, they must be doing something right!

Thanks again.
let us know who you book with and how it went!

Azdiver1279....Whoever you choose the most important thing is you have a great time diving while in the Florida Keys. If I can answer any questions about restaurants or other activities in the area around Ocean Pointe Suites let me know, whether you dive with me or not.

Good Diving,

let us know who you book with and how it went!
Designerdiver - Sure thing! I'll probably create my own survey based on what I think are important areas to rate and then post it so others can refer to it later.

I plan to go down again by the end of summer and spend a longer period of time, this short trip in April should make up my mind who to dive with here on out.

Problem now is there's real positive fedback on 3 ops and now I want to dive with all 3. Silent World, Conch & Minnow. It's like somebody reccomending 3 good beers - don't you want to try them all?

We get in Thursday afternoon so I want a night dive, I want two tanks in the morning and afternoon both Friday and Saturday and then we fly out late Sunday afternoon, I'll be using Nitrox except for the Speigle.

I would like to split the time so I could get to know each op better - problem with that though is we wouldn't qualify for the multiple trip dicounts - I've heard a couple of times though that Conch is closer to where I'm staying. I just worry if they get a little crowded.

Can anyone shed light on that - did Conch ever seem crowded?

Thanks For all the feedback - after scanning websites for two weeks I finally put the question to the board and this had been great! With this and the phone calls I made I have something to go on now, I do need to make a couple more calls though.

Take Care!

with respect to Scuba-Do, they do bring your gear to the back of the boat for you to put it on, but I don't recall it being particularly time consuming.

with respect to Scuba-Do, they do bring your gear to the back of the boat for you to put it on, but I don't recall it being particularly time consuming.
OK, I was just trying to picture how all that took place.

So, you go to the dive platform, you sit down? They slip your BC on, you snap everything together, stand up and do a giant stride?

Or, you are standing on the dive platform, they put the gear on, you snap up and do a giant stride?

And, they are in effect doing buddy check with you before the giant stride?

Sorry for all the questions - we have one diver with us that just has knee re-construction a couple of months ago - doctor has cleared her to dive by next month but I'm just trying to keep this all in mind while making a decision. Depending on the conditions I'm not sure if this method would present a challenge.

I was also concerned about the time element - waiting for each diver to strap on gear at the back of the boat as opposed to just being ready and one right after the other hit the water as normal.

Other than that the Scuba-Do was an early favorite for me.....

Thanks!

Hubby and I used Garden Cove in December. Their boat is a very roomy 6-pack and the sites Capt. Anna took us to were great. Unfortunatly weather only permitted us to dive 1 day with them, but they are definatly on our list to use again.

Azdiver1279....Whoever you choose the most important thing is you have a great time diving while in the Florida Keys. If I can answer any questions about restaurants or other activities in the area around Ocean Pointe Suites let me know, whether you dive with me or not.

Good Diving,
Capt Gary -

Thanks! Where is the good food? We did Islamorada Fish Co. last time there, the grouper sandwich was good and the beer was cold - probably do that again! Other than that I think we mostly did protien bars, slept and dove! Probably like to eat more this time - any recomendations would be great!

Speaking of food - sorry we missed your turkey invitation last November - I bet it was great!

Also, exactly how far is Ocean Point Suites from your dock? Do you have a place to store the gear for the duration or at least hang wetsuits and BCs?

And.....you go up to French Reef and Spiegle right? Not just Islamorada sites?

Thanks for the info!

Take care.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom