Key Largo, Molasses Deep, Saturday, 4/16/16, Pics,,,,,,,,,,,,

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

OMG...O.K. timg, that's your pet turtle, right? Amazing shot with reefman lookin' on. Take a bow...:acclaim:
Thank you AdivingBel. Yes, we took him out of the kiddie pool in the backyard for a spin on the reef! :)

I haven't heard of the Molasses deep reef. Is that the Conch Reef?
The outer part of the reef is comprised of a slope that begins at about 40 feet and drops to about 90 feet. There are several cuts and a mini-wall. It is an advanced level dive.

I haven't heard of the Molasses deep reef. Is that the Conch Reef?

adding to what timg said. very similar profile to conch wall without the fishing/spearing/collecting as the vast majority of the molasses dropoff is within the confines of the sanctuary preservation area(SPA) and the key largo existing management area . both sites conducted as a deep drift dive by a few upper keys dive operator's . I believe rainbow reef has molasses drift dives occasionally scheduled,,,,,,,,,,,

reefman
key largo

My first dives on Molasses deep were with the old Ocean Divers and Capt Joe (RIP). These were among my 1st drift dives and, after that, I was hooked. I spend most of my time now in Boynton Beach, Jupiter, and West Palm. Florida is a wonderful place for divers, I am very lucky. There's also a nice deeper dive off the bow of the Benwood, "Dropoff", not necessarily a drift. I often spend part of my time there, particularly when the Benwood is packed

Last edited:
Absolutely gorgeous pictures! I'm glad you got out yesterday. The wind was howling in Jupiter and I'm not sure if any dive boats went out. Crazy weather!

Absolutely gorgeous pictures! I'm glad you got out yesterday. The wind was howling in Jupiter and I'm not sure if any dive boats went out. Crazy weather!
Thank you islanddream.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom