Key Largo May 1st

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Scubaguy62

Son of Yemaya
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
After our dive on the "not so yellow" brick road yesterday, I thought a nice dive to Key Largo would be in order. I was looking at either Saturday May 1st or Sunday May 2nd. If we get a good enough turnout, I think I can talk Capt. Brian, from Island Ventures (www.islandventure.com) to do a three tanker.

I have dived with IV on many occassions. Besides, I might just be able to work out a deal for us, again, if we get a nice turn out (about 12 divers).

Rick

More info please...I might be interested....what kind of deal are we talking about? What kind of diving?

Scuba_Jenny:
More info please...I might be interested....what kind of deal are we talking about? What kind of diving?

I don't want to make any promises as far as the deal, but remember when I said $5.00 for nitrox? That deal. Of course, it wouldn't be limited to the nitrox.

I thought we could do either Molasses, Snappers ledge, the wreck of the City of Washington, or French reef. Also, and if we can do a three tanker, maybe we can make the last dive a twilight dive, but I'm open for suggestions.

I should be in town and am definitely interested. As far as I'm concerned, any of the Key Largo sites is fine. I'm a little partial to Molasses, out by "The Horseshoe", where theres an old Spanish anchor, several swim-throughs, and lots of life.

If you want to compare group deals, you might want to call Silent World. They have a nice operation at mile marker 103. I've dived with them several times and had good experiences. They're really good about taking you to the sites you want to visit and giving you accurate condition reports.

-Grier

Chris and I are definately in if the deal is right (LOL). Get the particulars and we'll get on board!!

I haven't done any deep wrecks in Largo, so whatever you all decide will be good. Three tanks would be a nice day and worth the drive!

I just checked my dive log and saw that the swimthroughs were on French Reef. The big one is called the Hourglass.

-Grier

Scuba_Jenny:

Same for me!!! :wink:

CBulla:
I'd love to do this, but my wife, little feller and I are hitting the buffet concert in lauderdale on the 1st :D

Hey guys, the more the merrier. Any one has any objections to the trip being May 2nd, so Colin and his wife can tag along?

I'd like to get an idea of who's in by the 17th.

Marvel,

I thought we could do either Molasses, Snappers ledge, the wreck of the City of Washington, or French reef. Also, and if we can do a three tanker, maybe we can make the last dive a twilight dive, but I'm open for suggestions.

Rick

Scubaguy62:
Marvel,

Rick
Sounds like a great dive! The question Jenny & I have is "How much?" since we are poor working single gals..... :06:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom