Key Largo Dive

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

bjpell

Contributor
Reaction score
Grand Rapids, Michigan / Portland, Oregon / Ft. La
# of dives
100 - 199
Key Largo Dive excursion…

Anyone who would like to go to the keys for a day or two of diving is more then welcome to come. Were going this weekend and looking at doing at least one full day of diving, possibly two. If a few people are interested we would like to book for two days of diving and fun with scuba board members. I’m planning on calling up Scuba doo and bargaining on rates for us on Tuesday, so hopefully more info then. The more people going the better chance of a cheaper rate so let me know asap if your interested.

-=ben

Dudes...I'm in for Saturday. Let's get it set up!

I can only do one day though...but don't let me stop your fun. I'll join you for Saturday and then head back to go to (sigh) work on Sunday.

Sounds good. Scrap the idea of staying overnight, we'll just do a day trip. I'm calling a few places tomorrow to see about availability. My first choice was booked for the weekend already.
-=ben

Hey you!

ScubaDoo is excellent, they really take care of you. Are you planning on doing the SG? I believe you need to be AOW for that and probably better to be NITROX too. Some operators won't let you dive the Grove unless you are AOW. It's a GREAT dive!!

If you do the reefs, remember, NO LOBSTERING, it's a marine park......it's the last weekend of lobster season.....

I'm in school on Saturday morning (last day!!) so I have to pass. When are you heading back up north? We haven't seen each other in ages - my schedule is rough, so was my ear ache.... =( We need to dive before you go back.

Saturday morning is still up for grabs. Saturday afternoon, we're diving the Christ Statue, plus an awesome shallow reef. Sunday morning, we'll dive the Spiegel Grove (or the Duane); and Sunday afternoon, we'll dive Christ of the Deep again.

If you'd like to join us, give me a call at 305.453.9600 or 888.953.9600.

Keylargobrent,

Thanks for the offer. I would still have considered your dive operations if you had the opening for the 1pm boat. It is just too early to get up and drive from 2 hrs away and eat a healthy breakfast to make a 8am dock time. Especially when one in our party is not off work till 4 am as a bartender in Ft. Lauderdale.

We will consider your operations next time as our first choice, and we will also try to give more warning instead of being so spur-of-the-moment. This trip was really not in stone till yesterday when a few people gave me the go ahead to book for them on my credit card.

We want to dive the S.G. but don't have the advanced open water cert. I have a good log book though with 15 dives over 80ft and a few are over 100 to 140 (blue Hole, Belize). So we are looking for a dive opp. that would take our experience and still do the S.G. I found a few smaller opps. that would but were all booked for the 1pm spot.

Thanks again for your offer, and next time we post a possible trip give us a shout again.

-=ben

I think Horizon Divers dives the Spiegel Grove on Saturday afternoons... call 305.453.3535 and speak to Dan about their requirements for diving the wreck. Recent logged deep dives might qualify you for the dive (in lieu of an AOW card).

You might also try Gary or Brenda at Conch Republic Divers. Their number is 305.852.1655. I'm not sure what they have planned for Saturday afternoon, but I believe they have an online trip calendar on their website. Dive safely, and enjoy!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom