Key Largo - dive shops and places to stay?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

If you have any specific questions about the Florida Keys guide I will be more than happy to answer them for you. As stated above the best diving is in Key Largo in the Marine Sanctuary.
Lots of dive shops here to choose from. Lots of places to eat a few I would not recommend.
Becky

I would like to hear of the places NOT to eat:wink:

I stayed at the Marriott a couple of years ago and "it's a dive" are "on-site". I really enjoyed my dives with them and you get a discount, if you book 3 or 5 trip deals ,to stay at the Marriott ( almost half price if I remember)
Dived with Brent at Blue Water Divers last year and was very impressed with their professionalism. Stayed at Kawama Yacht Club which was good but not as nice as Ocean Pointe Suites according to my parents

Anyone have any information about BlueWater Divers in Key Largo?

At one time they were a top choice, but after a change of career objectives by the captain, they do not seem to be operating on a regular basis at this point.

Anyone have any information about BlueWater Divers in Key Largo?

Last edited:
Brent sold his boat to a very nice couple who are going to make a go of it. I have yet to go out on there boat since they have taken over but they seem to want to run it the same way Brent did. Good for them. I wish them all the best and good fortune in the years to come.

Hi Speargirl

What is Brent up to now?....I dived with him last year and he was top notch

I was wondering why Blue water Divers and Brent never got a mention anymore when people were asking for op recommendations and I guess now I know

I have made an anuual trip to the keys for the last 4 years. I like Rainbow reef. They put a free dive guide in the water. If you like a guide go with them, If you don;t like a guide you do not have to stay with them. I have stayed at Holiday Inn and the Ramada. I am trying the suites at Key Largo this year. Ramada is the cheapest. The dive sites in Key Largo and Islamorada are all special. Rainbowreef.us gives a good look at all the sites they visit. For places to eat I recommend Hobo's cafe, Chilie Willies, and Wahoos for seafood. Conch Republic also has a great shop but no guide. I like the guide for the simple fact of I photograph and want to concentrate on that, not finding the boat. good luck.

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom