KEY LARGO dive report, wed 9/17/2014, pics,,,,,,,,,,

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Moon jellies that I saw before (and knew they were all moons) were a pink color. In your photo the jelly looked clear. Off NC a week ago I saw two jellies. One very clear (see pnoto below) and one pink colored. The pink was a moon. I thought the clear was a different kind since it tended to ball up more than the moons I had seen and was a more active swimmer. So they come in two shades?

the moon jellies were all pink yesterday, although not depicted in timg's capture. the reef creature ID book describes them as whitish often shaded with pink or blue. the vast majority iv'e observed or bumped into here in the keys have been pinkish. we observed high densities of moons nearly to the shoreline yesterday as well as numerous turtles enjoying the feast,

reefman
key largo

t the reef creature ID book describes them as whitish often shaded with pink or blue.

Perfect. That answers it. The one I saw was a moon. Most of my previous encounters had been in the Keys.

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom