KEY LARGO, dive report, saturday, 1/9/2016, pics,,,,,,,,,,,,

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

reefman

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
lousy dive weather, boat issues, holiday travel and a total kitchen remodel all ended today as we doubled on MOLASSES REEF. outstanding topside conditions for january: warm sunshine, light SW winds, seas <1FT. buoys M29 followed by M19. mdt reverse current #1, zero on #2, very dusty blue/green viz 25FT improving to 35FT, water temp 77-78F @ 25-90FT. quiet on the 1st dive, numerous reef and nurse sharks on the second. photos from TIMG,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

reefman
key largo

Attachments

• mo1.jpg
    mo1.jpg
    17.4 KB · Views: 109
  • mo2.jpg
    mo2.jpg
    15.4 KB · Views: 96
  • mo3.jpg
    mo3.jpg
    38 KB · Views: 100
  • mo4.jpg
    mo4.jpg
    34.5 KB · Views: 96
  • mo5.jpg
    mo5.jpg
    19.1 KB · Views: 98
  • m06.jpg
    m06.jpg
    41.1 KB · Views: 94
  • m07.jpg
    m07.jpg
    15.5 KB · Views: 98
  • mo8.jpg
    mo8.jpg
    46.4 KB · Views: 95
  • m09.jpg
    m09.jpg
    34.1 KB · Views: 90
  • m10.jpg
    m10.jpg
    86.6 KB · Views: 95
  • mo11.jpg
    mo11.jpg
    42.5 KB · Views: 109
  • mo12.jpg
    mo12.jpg
    43.4 KB · Views: 93
  • mo13.jpg
    mo13.jpg
    78.8 KB · Views: 95
  • mo14.jpg
    mo14.jpg
    93.9 KB · Views: 91
  • m015.jpg
    m015.jpg
    62.5 KB · Views: 100
lousy dive weather, boat issues, holiday travel and a total kitchen remodel all ended today as we doubled on MOLASSES REEF. outstanding topside conditions for january: warm sunshine, light SW winds, seas <1FT. buoys M29 followed by M19. mdt reverse current #1, zero on #2, very dusty blue/green viz 25FT improving to 35FT, water temp 77-78F @ 25-90FT. quiet on the 1st dive, numerous reef and nurse sharks on the second. photos from TIMG,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

reefman
key largo

Awesome pics! I have missed living vicariously thru you guys!

Finally a nice day, I went out with CRF that day on Conch Republic's boat. The Gulliver school in Miami came down @mjsylver 's group of high schoolers. We went to the nursery where the viz went from bad to poor then Snapper Ledge where the current picked up. Nice to see a resident nurse shark in the ledge.

As always, nic pics @timg

Finally a nice day, I went out with CRF that day on Conch Republic's boat. The Gulliver school in Miami came down @mjsylver 's group of high schoolers. We went to the nursery where the viz went from bad to poor then Snapper Ledge where the current picked up. Nice to see a resident nurse shark in the ledge.

As always, nic pics @timg
Thank you mselenaous

thanks for sharing.....love the B&W shots.

Nice Pics Reefman! Reminds me of studying flash cards for my aquarium job. Trunkfish, porcupine fish, filefish etc. Thanks for posting. Very envious of you while we suffer through the snow here in the mid atlantic.

it's been a challenge finding decent dive conditions offshore SE florida since mid October. when the topside weather does cooperate(without the persistant wind/precipitation), visibility has been dreadful. NOAA predicted a wet/windy(EL NINO) winter for SE florida, and so far they've been spot on,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,alcohol consumption is near record levels in Monroe county,,,,,,,,,

reefman
key largo

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom