Key Largo dive op... Update

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

raxafarian

Contributor
Reaction score
My favorite op has finished moving from mm 107 to mm 90.5.

Divers City is now located at 90511 Overseas Highway in Tavernier (just south of Key Largo).

They carry up to 10 divers and provide a very personalized service. You set up your gear on the pier and they load it all onto the boat. The owners have 6 or 7 Thousand dives between the 2 of them. Exactly the type of people I want on the boat while I am diving... recreational or tec.

The runs to the closer reefs will now be 25 minutes or so. The Duane, Bibb, and SG will be about 45 min. Same as for most of the KL charters.

I can't say enough about the quality of service, the quality of the boat, and the quality of instruction (just finished a deco and advanced nitrox class with them).

If you don't have a Key Largo area charter that you love, give them a try.

I don't mean to sound like a commercial.... I was just that impressed by them.

I won't speak for others, but several NELD members have dove with them and I do believe they were very satisfied... feel free to jump in with your own words :)

I second Rax's recommendation. I've used these folks several times for tech trips and always been treated well.

WW

For the visitors to the area, I can personally attest to the attentiveness and alacrity of the police in the Tavernier area, who are very, very proud of their speed limit signs, and very, very concerned that you pay attention to them!

DaveO once bubbled...
For the visitors to the area, I can personally attest to the attentiveness and alacrity of the police in the Tavernier area, who are very, very proud of their speed limit signs, and very, very concerned that you pay attention to them!

haven't had any trouble...yet. :wink:

I do know they really like you to slow down in school zones (not from 1st hand experience). If it says 20, go 20.

Thanks for the info on the dive shop. My wife and I were looking to take a trip to the keys but have been unable to find any "Package" deals that included diving, and hotels for the Keys. Any recommendations as to a place to stay and dive? Anyone know of any package deals for the Keys?

I am also super impressed with Divercity. They are the best dive operation I have experienced anywhere, by far!

JRRKAR once bubbled...
Thanks for the info on the dive shop. My wife and I were looking to take a trip to the keys but have been unable to find any "Package" deals that included diving, and hotels for the Keys. Any recommendations as to a place to stay and dive? Anyone know of any package deals for the Keys?

there are some package deals offered at a few hotels... you can usually do better booking separately online.

We get a 1 or 2 br condo for around 100/night (cheaper than most hotels).

There's one in Tavernier (Ocean Pointe Suites), and we just stayed in Moon Bay (Key Largo). Both are nice.

Most of the dive ops will book you a package that includes hotel accomodations. Before you commit you should do the math and see if you are really getting a deal.

If you want a really cheap, no nonsense place to spend the night you could try Neptunes Hideaway. It's bare bones. Some of the accomodations are trailers. But it's the cheapest thing I've found in the Key Largo area.

If you're travelling with a group or a family a condo is definitely the way to go.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom