Key Largo Dive Charters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Conch Republic is excellent as others have posted

Another great Op is HMS Minnow, a six pack docked behind the Holiday Inn in Key Largo

You have gotten good responses from a lot of the "usual suspects" but post in the "FL Conchs Forum" if you have other q's - dedicated to FL diving w/ a lot of knowledgable posters.

Also, the search key is your friend as this is a very popular question.

we just did 3 boat trips with Silent World Divers and I would definitely not recommend them. Nothing really wrong with the organization and everything was safe - it really was just the all around unpleasantness. Captain was dry and unfriendly, the welcome at the store was bordering on rude, no food / drink offered on the boat, ... The diving in Key Largo is nice and there are plenty of other dive operations to go out with.

Sorry you had a bad experience. Yes Silent World doesn't provide food or drinks on the boat, it's strictly a "bring your own". But prices are more than reasonable and they are very accommodating for all levels of divers, doing night dives, tech dives, shallow reefs, etc.

I'd dive with them pretty much any day I could but agreed that the "no frills" diving is not for everyone. Like you said there are plenty of other operators to go out with.

Hope you enjoyed the dives regardless!

Dave

Sorry you had a bad experience. Yes Silent World doesn't provide food or drinks on the boat, it's strictly a "bring your own". But prices are more than reasonable and they are very accommodating for all levels of divers, doing night dives, tech dives, shallow reefs, etc.

I'd dive with them pretty much any day I could but agreed that the "no frills" diving is not for everyone. Like you said there are plenty of other operators to go out with.

Dave

I have to agree 100% with Dave. Food is great on a boat but you pay for it. I would rather bring $2 worth of food with me. Your savings you get at Silent World is fantastic compared to some other shops here in the Keys and they give SB discounts as well. I personally love the crew and Capt Bob & Pat are the best they are safe and fun at the same time. For me personally I would dive with Silent World any day of the week and twice on Sundays.
icon14.gif
icon14.gif
icon14.gif

Becky

My wife and I just returned from a week of diving with Quiescence Diving Quiescence Diving Services , Inc., One of Key Largo's Finest Diving Operations and had a great time. We dove the Spegal Grove twice, the Duane twice and the Benwood twice, along with several dive on both French reef and Mollasses reef. 6-pack boats, great staff, well maintained boats and very friendly/helpful and knowledgeable captains/DMs. Captain Tim is great!

I went out with the Minnow & would do it again anytime, but I like the small intimate feel of just 6 (or 5 which was our case) on the boat. DIVE KEY LARGO - SCUBA with HMS MINNOW DIVING CHARTERS, Florida Keys Pennekamp Sanctuary Jeff did everything we wanted to do & was very pleasant the whole time.
Especially nice when you have to go by the least qualified diver to decide what sites to hit.
I used Rainbow Reef further south to do the Eagle, nice enough crew, but boat was in rough shape (which really didn't bother me since you can swim to shore from most sites down there), but the BIGGEST problem was putting a time limit on my dive.

Dave

Thanks Dave! We DO provide drinks, have done for quite a while, I think we had just run out on this occasion. Im trying to get a better way of ensuring we always have enough. They are in the cooler, Capri Sun, Coke etc, etc

I have to agree 100% with Dave. Food is great on a boat but you pay for it. I would rather bring $2 worth of food with me. Your savings you get at Silent World is fantastic compared to some other shops here in the Keys and they give SB discounts as well. I personally love the crew and Capt Bob & Pat are the best they are safe and fun at the same time. For me personally I would dive with Silent World any day of the week and twice on Sundays.
icon14.gif
icon14.gif
icon14.gif

Becky

Thanks Becky.

Thanks Dave! We DO provide drinks, have done for quite a while, I think we had just run out on this occasion. Im trying to get a better way of ensuring we always have enough. They are in the cooler, Capri Sun, Coke etc, etc

Thanks Becky.

hey chris! just finished diving with you guys this past week. even with a boat down, chris made sure we got out on the water and hooked us up with free shirts for our trouble :crafty:

hey chris! just finished diving with you guys this past week. even with a boat down, chris made sure we got out on the water and hooked us up with free shirts for our trouble :crafty:

Chris is really no different from any other guy who loves his boats. He is always putting new things on them. You must have caught him when he was changing out his engine on one of his boats.
Seems every time I talk to him he is saying well Becky one of the decks on my boat looked a little dirty so I had the guys wash and paint it yesterday or the ladder looked a bit dull so I had them clean it today.
Some may see him as a bit over protective with his boats but for me I am also a boat lover so I know where he is coming from.:D
With Chris everything has to be shinny or new even with his rental equipment.
I'm glad to hear his motor is done and is out and about again
icon14.gif

I just did the Spiegel 2 weeks ago with It's a Dive. Professional and fun crew, and I believe they offer multi-dive packages.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom