Key Largo Dive Charters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Uh Oh, if there is such a thing, I think Steve has become a Conchoholic. :cheers:

Easy enough to do. Tell Gary that Fixit says 'Hey'. You'll get treated right.

DC

I will second the vote for Silent World.

I'll add a big +1 for Silent World here. They do good by you.

Can't compare it to the others I've used down there because many are there any more.

Island Ventures also runs a good operation too.

Someday I need to check them all out... hmmm... that'd take me about a month worth of solid diving... 2 tank dives... 2 times per day.... :D

I dove a few days two weeks ago: two days with Amoray in Key Largo, and one day with Conch Republic a little south. Both were good, and I'd dive with either again, but I think Conch Republic wins by a little bit. I think Amoray only did the deep dives I went on because our LDS had so many instructors on board. You might want to double check.

We have always done our diving with Rainbow Reef in Key Largo. They have always been great for us!

I'll add a big +1 for Silent World here. They do good by you.

Can't compare it to the others I've used down there because many are there any more.

Island Ventures also runs a good operation too.

Someday I need to check them all out... hmmm... that'd take me about a month worth of solid diving... 2 tank dives... 2 times per day.... :D

Let me know when you're ready to collect that data! :D

we just did 3 boat trips with Silent World Divers and I would definitely not recommend them. Nothing really wrong with the organization and everything was safe - it really was just the all around unpleasantness. Captain was dry and unfriendly, the welcome at the store was bordering on rude, no food / drink offered on the boat, ... The diving in Key Largo is nice and there are plenty of other dive operations to go out with.

Ill tell you I really like diving Silent World small boats good charter thats where i would go

Dual Porpoise is the best of all of them (Holiday Inn Marina, MM 100, oceanside). Captain/DM have been down there forever, extremely knowledgeable, small groups, personalized service, and most important, NOBODY does more to protect the marine environment down there than Capt. Scott (owner/operator). He does work for REEF and NOAA. This is what a recent NOAA newsletter had to say about Capt. Scott:

Capt. Scott Fowler (Key Largo, Fla.) — Capt. Fowler has shown immense dedication in supporting the efforts of the NOAA Florida Keys National Marine Sanctuary to protect the coral reef ecosystem by working to raise public awareness, advising sanctuary managers, helping to design outreach programs and participating in ecosystem monitoring projects. Fowler continually highlights the wonders of the Florida Keys coral reef ecosystem and the work of the NOAA Florida Keys National Marine Sanctuary in his weekly column “Diversions,” which appears in the Upper Keys Reporter.

I've stayed/dived with Amoray in Key Largo on a couple different trips and have had great experiences with them.

See if you can get them to take you to the Benwood. This shallow wreck is one of my favorite dives ever based on the amazing number of fish. They frequently do this as a night dive, too.

The Benwood is the Amory night dive locale. I think they go once or twice a week.

I have dove with them and thought they were a cattle boat.

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom