Kelly's on the Bay - Key Largo

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hi,
I was down there in January, and the charter we had booked via the Internet didn't work out due to lack of divers coming in after January 1st. We were referred to another charter the next day due to no divers showing up at 7:30 AM at the 'original' charter.

We used HORIZON DIVERS. They are truly a 1st class charter. Nice people, beautiful boat, professional, clean, knowledgable. The boat has a fresh water shower, refreshments, head, super nice and helpful staff, and great performing-well maintained, CLEAN MARES and SHRWOOD gear. They did a super job, and I'd go back in a minute and book again. Prices were competetive as well. You won't be sorry.

ALL that I'm saying is that I've never experienced the problem you described with that particular operator. Your mileage may vary. But what I have experienced on the Kellys boat was a group of selfish divers who:

A- Did not mention that they had a problem with following the schedule as described by the divemaster;

B- Came up to the boat 20 minutes after they were told thay should be back on board;

C- Laughed in the divemaster's face when he pointed it out to them.

They stopped laughing when he mentioned that after a certain amount of time he is required to call the Coast Guard.

I'm just a good citizen and I like to see people either follow the rules or negotiate to get them changed.

Raxafarian, You and I are talking about apples and oranges. I like the staff at Kelly's and I would hate to think that they might lose business because of the comments on this board. Maybe I'lll email this thread to them and give them a chance to respond. Maybe if there really are occassionally cutting surface intervals too short this will be an eye opener for them.

raxafarian once bubbled...
Raviepoo: you seem happy with that type of operation. If you are happy, then that's great. If there are people out there that think/feel the way I do, I just want to let them know that there are differences in charters, and make sure they question the op they are considering using.

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom