keeping horizontal

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hello beppe:

Because of the large safety factors built into decompression algorithms, it does not really matter whether one is vertical or horizontal. I suspect that it one were to increase the “dose” of nitrogen in a laboratory experiment, it might be possible to note that the arms bubble before the legs in an immersed individual who is vertical in the water.

To this hydrostatic effect, one would need to add the number of tissue micronuclei in different parts of the body as this might influence the bubbles forming in legs versus arms.

Dr Deco :doctor:

Soggy:
By "horizontally" we mean as if you were lying face down. "Vertically" means as if you are standing up. It sounds like you mean the opposite, Saturation.

OOOpps! Soggy, thanks you are 100% right. I edited my post and made the correction.

Soggy:
You don't ascend face up...

You mean it's dangerous,impossible or just unorthodox? Maybe the guy was just kidding and I fell for it like an idiot? Uncle Pug where are you?Enlight me please. This ascent coffin style is your idea;were you just taking the piss?:D

Unorthodox and unnecessary, plus regulators don't breathe very well in that position.

Beppe:
Soggy:
You don't ascend face up...

You mean it's dangerous,impossible or just unorthodox? Maybe the guy was just kidding and I fell for it like an idiot? Uncle Pug where are you?Enlight me please. This ascent coffin style is your idea;were you just taking the piss?:D

Soggy:
Unorthodox and unnecessary, plus regulators don't breathe very well in that position.

Yes I know,regs don't work properly facing up,...but it's just for a couple of mts. :wink: Unorthodox and unnecessary for sure but it's for showing off with my buddies:D....I know, not very mature on my part;despite me being a middle aged man I'm still a kid most of the time,it helps me to survive this crazy world.Ah,thanks for traslating -trim- for me,no problem at all with trimming then (otherwise I'd be useless after all this years diving :wink: )

Beppe:
Yes I know,regs don't work properly facing up,...but it's just for a couple of mts. :wink: Unorthodox and unnecessary for sure but it's for showing off with my buddies:D....I know, not very mature on my part;despite me being a middle aged man I'm still a kid most of the time,it helps me to survive this crazy world.Ah,thanks for traslating -trim- for me,no problem at all with trimming then (otherwise I'd be useless after all this years diving :wink: )

Fun and games is fine. I thought you were referring to doing an entire ascent this way.

Soggy:
Fun and games is fine. I thought you were referring to doing an entire ascent this way.
Absolutelly,fun and games is allright,total madness is another story.

Beppe:
Maybe the guy was just kidding and I fell for it like an idiot? Uncle Pug where are you?
Much easier to see where I'm going while remaining in a flaired horizontal position. Descend prone... ascend supine.

Soggy is just being negative because he can't do it without rocketing to the surface. :D

Uncle Pug:
Much easier to see where I'm going while remaining in a flaired horizontal position. Descend prone... ascend supine.

Soggy is just being negative because he can't do it without rocketing to the surface. :D
O.k. guys,I'll give it a try.No diving this weekend unfortunately,due to my regs being off for the annual check,but next saturday I'll go for it.I'll let you know!:D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom