KBR Resort vs. Lembeh Resort

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

BellesMom

Registered
Reaction score
Any opinions on the difference here (if any) in these 2 resorts. We have been to Lembeh Resort and absolutely loved it. Someone has suggested we look at going to KBR this year and try it instead. I heard KBR is recently renovated and upgraded. Any thoughts most appreciated!

Cheers, Nikki

If you loved Lembeh Resort, then go there again. KBR is back on its game after some lackluster years. Whether it equals Lembeh Resort is hard to say. The only downside to LR is the steps.

Stick with Lembeh Resort. I have been to KBR too many times where they stuff everyone into one or two boats just to save a few pennies on petrol.

both are top notch, I have stayed at KBR and certainly had no complaints. I think it has a more relaxed feel than Lembeh Resort and a much more comfortable atmosphere.

I stayed at KBR a few years ago and Lembeh this past year. When I was there, KBR had a bit of a run down feeling. Both the accomodations and food at Lembeh Resort were better. If I were choosing, I would probably return to Lembeh Resort or try Kasawari.

I've stayed in KBR and loved it. I certainly didn't notice it being 'run down'. The staff and DM's were very helpful, the 3-4 boats going out each had only 4-6 divers each, and they served sweets and snacks when we arrived back at the beach. They also had a dedicated camera room.

Its one of the few resorts I've been to that I knew I would return before even leaving.

Cheers,
Rohan.

I've never stayed at Lembeh, but I have stayed at KBR and Kasawari.

I have to thank the KBR team for not answering any of the 3 accommodation requests I sent in May 2007, without that I would never have stayed in Kasawari and discovered how much nicer it is.

I'd say try Kasawari, or stick with Lembeh.

Tassie_Rohan:
I've stayed in KBR and loved it. I certainly didn't notice it being 'run down'. The staff and DM's were very helpful, the 3-4 boats going out each had only 4-6 divers each, and they served sweets and snacks when we arrived back at the beach. They also had a dedicated camera room.

Its one of the few resorts I've been to that I knew I would return before even leaving.

Cheers,
Rohan.
I agree with the above 100%. I stayed there in Aug/Sept 2008 and totally enjoyed my stay there. The place is relaxing, clean and DMs are helpful. During my stay 4 boats went out each day. I'm the type of person that likes to try new things, so I would say give KBR a try.

Dive safe.

I've heard good things about KBR in my two trips over the last year. But people who stayed at both give it a coin toss. I do not know if KBR has the house reef like Lembeh Resort does....But I like Lembeh, the meals, dive guides etc.....I planning on staying there again this year.

Lembeh Resort House Reef is the best for mandarinfish. Easy access & limited to only 4 divers each nite. The resort is like a huge stair master built on the side of the island.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom