KBR Resort vs. Lembeh Resort

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Travelnsj:
I do not know if KBR has the house reef like Lembeh Resort does
KBR has their own house reef that is nice to dive and also has plenty of shallow areas to snorkel. According to KBR, they don't allow other dive operations to dive their house reef, so it is nice and empty for people to have a relaxing dive.

Lembeh Resort sounds nice...if and when I get back to Lembeh, I would more than likely stay at Lembeh Resort because I like to try new things. Of course, if I had a free stay at KBR, I would stay there again in a heartbeat! :D

Well, it depends on your needs. For sure Lembeh has larger, roomier boats, with more space to move around in (plus store gear). However they are slower than KBR's fast "speedboats", which may make a difference in terms of getting to the sites quickly, but more than 4 on the KBR boats (and with camera gear) it does get very "tight".

Guide-wise they both have stellar line-ups : LR has Paulus and Samuel who are both legendary for their critter-finding abilities, while I also like Desmond from KBR who is very friendly and accomodating.

Food wise, LR has the better cuisine, better bar, and FAR superior desserts (if you have a sweet tooth?). I also like the service at LR more, it feels much more "personal".

Lastly, be advised that KBR recently had some major management shake-ups and so it may take time for things to settle-in over there. Danny and Ray have been at LR for years and they have a great system in place, and their house reef is diveable in the evenings (which KBR's is not), and the mating mandarinfish are just a short surface swim away every day at 5PM.

Again, I don't know what matters to you most. You can have a nice time at either!
Enjoy!

HB

Last edited:
HB,

What are the management shake ups that you referenced at KBR? Are Steve and Miranda still the Managers? I agree with your assessment of LR vice KBR. I also like Kasawari. The rooms are very nice, the guides are good - the food has its ups and downs. It is a smaller operation that either LR and KBR and a bit more personal - in my opinion.

Snappy,

Don't like to "gossip" but FYI, Steve and Miranda have been gone for about 3 months now and a new Manager and other mid-level personnel have changed.

The new Mgr. is a big "strapping" fellow, I believe he's from South Africa....the rest you can find out by inquiring directly...
I agree that Kasawari is a very nice resort, with a "boutique" feel that many can appreciate. Nus is a great guy, and good Manager.
However, compared to other Resorts I find many of Kasawari's Dive Guides to be lacking on several levels, and for that reason it gives me pause to recommend it to others. After all, Lembeh IS about the diving, right?

Regards,
HB

Back
Top Bottom