Katrina?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Just spoke to Marvel she and Jenny are fine!!! Jenny still has no power but all is good.. lots of wind treesss down and marvel tells me that she is going for that PADI sand specialty. She said that she had to dig her way out of her apartment!!!!

BabyDuck:
well, obviously you floridians are weirdos. in my mama's opinion, you eat hershey bars during a hurricane, not chee-tos. she lives on the nc coast...SNIP
LOL! Well, that might not work here because those bars melt. Hurricane weather is hot, especially at the eye.

I also bought oreos, but re-thinking it if the power goes out and the milk gets warm, what good is an oreo?

Of course *anything* goes with bourbon (and tequilla), but that's another topic ("hurricane liquor")...

Walter:
Ana, you and Matt are always welcome here.

Thanks Walter.

The Navy base is behaving as if a CAT 5 is coming, there are talks of mandatory evacuation. I imagine Tyndal AFB is following similar procedures, the daily F16's haven't been flying.

I'm even getting e-mails from FSU threating to close the school... Bast##ds know I've been counting the days and now this.
The dive shop told us not to worry about filling the tanks for tomorrow... I tell you, in this part of Florida people are always looking for an excuse to cancel a dive.

Who knows maybe I'll get to see your new place after all Walter... we call if it comes to that, my brother is in Jacksonville so it may be faster to get to him.

steelemagnolia6:
Just spoke to Marvel she and Jenny are fine!!! Jenny still has no power but all is good.. lots of wind treesss down and marvel tells me that she is going for that PADI sand specialty. She said that she had to dig her way out of her apartment!!!!
I knew I shouldn’t have left my snow shovels back in Kansas.

I've had that wonderful "think light thoughts" experience driving over Pensacola Bay twice this year -- hopefully Katrina won't take it out again.
So that's a cat 1, huh? Richard was saying, "No big deal -- in Oklahoma we have 60-70 mph winds all the time." For several hours? Although we have chopped down one tree and lost half of another last year to some of our balmy spring breezes.

Isn't it nice to know that your support of ScubaBoard leads to heartfelt prayers at these times from around the world? It's a real global community.

Trisha:
So that's a cat 1, huh? Richard was saying, "No big deal -- in Oklahoma we have 60-70 mph winds all the time." For several hours? Although we have chopped down one tree and lost half of another last year to some of our balmy spring breezes.

Actually, no. It was a cat 1 when it came ashore and killed 7 people. A hurricane, even a cat 1 is dangerous. After coming ashore, it remained a cat 1 storm for most of its trip across the state, dropping briefly to tropical storm status before it when out into the warm waters of the Gulf where it quickly built in strength. It is now a cat 3 hurricane and extremely dangerous. BTW, 60 - 70 mph winds are tropical storm strength.

Hiya Everybody
Finally got my DSL back and am able to reconnect with the rest of the world. That and I now have free minutes on my cellphone! LOL
At the last minute, I decided to put up my storm shutters. Glad I did, if only for the peace of mind. However, once we lost power it got unbelievably hot. Was without power 16.5 hours total.
Went out to Dunkin Donuts yesterday morning. They were running on a generator, and the wait in line for coffee was 40 minutes. Note to self: buy a campfire coffee pot.
Am feeling very fortunate that we did not get the rain that was forecast, and feel for the folks in S. Miami who got hammered with the rain.
Marvel is doing fine. She lost power shortly after I left on Thursday. I delivered coffee to her yesterday (my excuse to get out and gawk at the minimal destruction), and the sand had piled up on her door like a snow drift. Her neighbors that have the front apartments were less fortunate and had windows blow out, rendering their apartments unlivable. Sand was everywhere, and looking out over the ocean, looks like a new sandbar has formed. That or a buried treasure is now exposed. Hermit Crab wants us to get 3 tiaras from the treasure! LOL

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom