Katrina?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Katrina update. I figure I will be losing power momentarily, as it is starting to flicker and there is some serious wind right now.
I was up at Marvels on the beach and it got steadily worse while there. We (Hermit Crab and I) left when the water was licking the belly of the pier. The surfers finally left and the sand stung horribly on bare skin.
The eye is moving, the storm jogging south, and looks like it is big enough that both Marvel and I will get some of the eye wall.

Scuba_Jenny:
Katrina update. I figure I will be losing power momentarily, as it is starting to flicker and there is some serious wind right now...
Amazing - we lost power twice, but it came back on! Who woulda guessed? Since we lose power when hummingbirds congregate, I'm guessing well be without for only 5-6 days on this one. OTOH, since I've got stuff for the BBQ and plenty to read, we migh not lose power at all...

Looks like 7-7:30 will be an interesting time for you and the hermit.

Why doesn't the Weather Channel lable LBTS? My husband came home to find me watching the weathermen getting sandblasted on the beaches. Good luck all, we're thinking about you. Hopefully Katrina will stay mild across the Panhandle.
If KBeck's cat is anything like mine, the neighbors already know he's home alone! Particularly if he gets into the bathroom or by a heating vent and starts talking.

I've set up a Box Fan on the fence near my flag to at least give the appearence of wind.. its all gone south of us at the moment. On the flip side, the Keys (and some of its residents) are actually getting their once a decade bath! :D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom