Katrina?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

MB:
Amazing - we lost power twice, but it came back on! Who woulda guessed? Since we lose power when hummingbirds congregate, I'm guessing well be without for only 5-6 days on this one. OTOH, since I've got stuff for the BBQ and plenty to read, we migh not lose power at all...

Looks like 7-7:30 will be an interesting time for you and the hermit.

This is good info... is it possible then, that the storms that go your way STAY your way if I send you a few feeders for the hummers?

I don't particularly care for the selective sharing of South Florida, if you guys feel the need to share weather with us up here in the Florida Tundra, do it during the winter months, not now.

Ana:
I don't particularly care for the selective sharing of South Florida, if you guys feel the need to share weather with us up here in the Florida Tundra, do it during the winter months, not now.
We're sending you a little water for the garden, a little humidity for the mold spores, and just a touch of wind for - well - for the hell of it. We had a mild night. Even the dogs slept thru it. And I still can't believe we have power. Of course 700,000 people in MyYami lost their power, so we can probably expect 2 million claims fom The Fraud Zone.

You guys better stock up on toilet paper. You might be getting a visitor in a day or two.

It was pretty impressive last night. We spiderwebbed all the boats in the canal and they were bobbing and bouncing like crazy, one of the boats on the Dania Canal took a beating. They all survivide but I opened the front door to find two big ol fallen seagrape trees blocking the front of the apt. The power is out, time to fire up the generator. As long as there is a roof and windows it's just luxury camping.

The news is talking about 3 enities and 2 waves out there, oh boy!

This is the first hurricane since moving here that I didn't spend a little time at the Village Pump (just north of Commercial) before/during/after, but we did discover a new tradition... the wine & cheetos party!

While the wind pushed saltwater & rain through the window & door cracks we discussed worthwhile aspects of cheetos such as, "crunchy vs. puffy for crunching satisfaction," and "are fake-cheetos really any substitute for the real thing."

Next hurricane we'll be stocking up on several brands and variations of "cheese puffs" to settle the issues once and for all. Expect a full report.

And, of course, we only drink the FINEST wine with our cheetos, so please bring some next time we dive together!

Hi guys,

I hope you all have faired well. I hate to be the cold and unfeeling one who is totally self involved, but does anyone know the status of miami international and Ft Lauderdale airports and whether they'll be back to cap by tomorrow morning. Also is there any info on how Key Largo is looking.

Not that I am going to be showing up there tomorrow or anything and just selfishly want to know how my vacation is going to be, while you guys are worried about your livelihoods and the like.

Thanks for any info though

Paula

Marvel and Jenny are both good. THey were heard from in another link on Katrina. Jenny has not got very much time left on her cell phone minutes so she is having to keep a low profile, but both are still there, with not much damage.

well, obviously you floridians are weirdos. in my mama's opinion, you eat hershey bars during a hurricane, not chee-tos. she lives on the nc coast and stocks them specifically and asks if i have them when one is looking to come my way (i lived in chas, sc for 6 years & got my share). that and wild turkey. so you might be able to talk her into the wine, but not the cheesy puffs!

Well, Im getting nervous now since it forecast to come my way. I got some food and cash yesterday. Getting gas today, and bourbon and hurricane mix too :). Worst part is Ill be working at the LDS tying up kayaks. what a pain.

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom