Katrina

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

QUETZAL:
But it was foreseen and in this magnitude.

i don't think anyone understood what it really meant. it's one of those things
that words on a page don't prepare you for it

are you perhaps suggesting that they knew and decided to kill a bunch of people?

why? what would they gain?

H2Andy:

are you perhaps suggesting that they knew and decided to kill a bunch of people?

why? what would they gain?

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

3 words!
cost benefit analysis
Your a lawyer right? So tell us, what is the going rate for a life in your occupation?

QUETZAL:
Your a lawyer right? So tell us, what is the going rate for a life in your occupation?

oh boy...

i would say about the same as in yours

It's easy to point fingers and accuse the other side of mismanagement, different priorities, whatever. The fact is that there is a natural/national disaster in our yards and what are YOU doing about it? Complaining that the "They" are doing it wrong is not going to get those folks into a safer environment. If you are so sure that the rescuse can be accomplished a better way, then get to NO and start talking with sweat.
/rant

God help all those folks.

H2Andy:

QUOTE]

"new body bags, 10,000 in all"
DID YOU READ THE scientific american ARTICLE THAT I LINKED? WERE NOT TALKING NATIONAL INQUIRER HERE!

H2Andy:
are you perhaps suggesting that they knew and decided to kill a bunch of people? why? what would they gain?
I think an extended discussion of the issues involving readiness would be a good discussion, but let's not do that here and now. This thread doesn't need to go political. There's plenty of time for that. I too have utter contempt for those who are charged with care and readiness, but that needs to be said on another day, and in a thread separate from this one. This thread is still serving a very useful purpose for connecting people, exchanging information, and allowing some mourning.

MB:
I think an extended discussion of the issues involving readiness would be a good discussion, but let's not do that here and now. This thread doesn't need to go political. There's plenty of time for that. I too have utter contempt for those who are charged with care and readiness, but that needs to be said on another day, and in a thread separate from this one. This thread is still serving a very useful purpose for connecting people, exchanging information, and allowing some mourning.

Kudo.

H2Andy:
oh boy...

i would say about the same as in yours

That was not a jamb at you or your profession, I like some lawyers and call 2 friends. I was asking for your professional expertise. I thought you might know what a life was worth in a cost benefit analysis.

QUETZAL:
I thought you might know what a life was worth in a cost benefit analysis.

no clue... you might want to talk to an insurance statistician

QUETZAL:
That was not a jamb at you or your profession, I like some lawyers and call 2 friends. I was asking for your professional expertise. I thought you might know what a life was worth in a cost benefit analysis.

He was quite correct in stating as much as yours. Lets kill this please. It aint helping. Lets pray for the suffering. Give to the Red Cross. Kiss our kids, and make tomorrow better thru some small action of our own. We really are ALL in this together.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom