Katana2 - bungee

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

CPRC

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Background - I’m new to SM. dozen dives or so. Lots to learn. Like my K2. The bungee comes with this oval lockout carabiner thing and that attaches to a fixed 1” D ring where the sternum strap is attached.

Question - any reason I SHOULD keep that middle oval thing or can I attach my bungee (the new red bungee -in attached picture -so i can see it better) direct to the tri (?) glide the 2” shoulder webbing is passing thru? I am aware I should keep extra length behind the bungee knots for future adjustment. I’m just wondering if the only function that oval is for is to have a quick way to disconnect the bungee or is there some other advantage?

Attachments

• 5680A15F-DF12-4676-B848-B5795DD05AF8.jpeg
    5680A15F-DF12-4676-B848-B5795DD05AF8.jpeg
    147 KB · Views: 146
Keep it. Easier to change out than if you have it going to some webbing. Or do you still mean to use the D ring?

This is actually what I do on my SMS75 to find the bungee easier. The thick bungee is what goes around the valve knob. The thin bungee just makes it easier to pull it forward. The loop in the thick bungee makes it easier to get on/off valve knob.

EB656275-5B35-4AEC-977B-8A76681267E8.jpeg

And to post photos easier use the upload a file button. Then the full size choice.

I was going to bypass the D ring even though plan to keep sternum strap. But let’s say my bungees were perfectly adjusted why would I want to change them out (except if they were damaged, then I understand that)?

I notice you have your larger bungee knotted - was that to take up slack in the bungee? Or was that just to give that carabiner a place to hold?

I was going to bypass the D ring even though plan to keep sternum strap. But let’s say my bungees were perfectly adjusted why would I want to change them out (except if they were damaged, then I understand that)?

I notice you have your larger bungee knotted - was that to take up slack in the bungee? Or was that just to give that carabiner a place to hold?

If your bungees are perfectly adjusted and you don’t care you’d have to go through more hassle to change them, have at! :wink:

Are you taking about the knot with the big loop? That loop is a hand hold to allow me to get bungee over valve knob easier. I don’t have the best hand strength (not uncommon with women).

go direct to the triglide. no need for that extra piece!
I use one of these on my K2, but if I didn't have that I would just go through a string on the triglide
0AB9908E-0DD2-4EA6-A2B1-B4DB859D21EB (1).jpg

I hope not dumb question but...can you give me a brief description how you use them, why you like them? I assume bungee is intended to remain in that open loop at all times, even when no cylinder is attached, so it's easy to reach?

I use these one all that I can detach the bungee when I gear up if needed. When I have my drysuit in with the big dry gloves rings, it’s sometimes hard to get between the shoulder opening and the bungee. In cases like that, I detach the bungees, put on the rigs, and re attach the bungee on the triglides. The bungee never got out of the triglide when it was not intentional.
Also by having the bungee in that loop, it makes it easy to grab when I put in the tanks. Grab with my thumb, pull, wrap around the valve handle and put on the valve post.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom