Karik K1000B handheld light?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ccooper

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Anybody know much about these? I hope they are good...I just ordered one from Dive Gear Express. A Duracell battery burst in my trusty Intova and I'm pretty sure it's toast. The specs look good and 1000 lumens!! I also went ahead and ordered one of the Aquatec Mini-Lights to attach to my mask strap and for back-up. For $20, I figured I'd give it a try.

Where did you find any reviews? I searched and really only found John Chatterton's blog page. He thinks very highly of the light it seems. I don't think they have been out long enough for much info to be out there.

We get those comments all the time moody s, until they dive the lights. They are 1000 lumens. Not only are they 1000 lumens but they have the deepest rating of any handheld out there, they have a unique activation magnetic bezel ring so it will never flood from twisting the head to activate/deactivate the light, they are solid milled aluminum to withstand the rigors of the cave and wreck environments, they are doubled sealed on both ends, and they follow a standard business plan that makes them affordable for all level of divers.

If you care to try one out moody s, I will be very happy to send you one after purchase (you can even buy them from our website if you would like, or divegearexpress), and if it isn't brighter than any handheld you have ever used (which isn't a concern at all being as they are brighter than my 10W HID) I will gladly refund your purchase.

---------- Post added July 25th, 2013 at 07:43 AM ----------

You can also check out www.facebook.com/divekarik Karik customers post reviews there all the time.

Hard to argue with that.

We get those comments all the time moody s, until they dive the lights. They are 1000 lumens. Not only are they 1000 lumens but they have the deepest rating of any handheld out there, they have a unique activation magnetic bezel ring so it will never flood from twisting the head to activate/deactivate the light, they are solid milled aluminum to withstand the rigors of the cave and wreck environments, they are doubled sealed on both ends, and they follow a standard business plan that makes them affordable for all level of divers.

If you care to try one out moody s, I will be very happy to send you one after purchase (you can even buy them from our website if you would like, or divegearexpress), and if it isn't brighter than any handheld you have ever used (which isn't a concern at all being as they are brighter than my 10W HID) I will gladly refund your purchase.

---------- Post added July 25th, 2013 at 07:43 AM ----------

You can also check out www.facebook.com/divekarik Karik customers post reviews there all the time.

The emitter (mostly) makes the light IMO. Differences will be on battery sizing, build quality, reflector/lens focus/hotspot. My primary (canister) light was home made by a fellow scubaboard user in California. He took a cheap chinese Cree XM-L T6 based light on eBay and hacked off the battery section connecting it to a homebuilt battery pack with 4x the capacity. I have 3 other XM-L T6 based lights and they are all similar to each with regard to light output.

My DRIS 1000 is now my backup. It's 3C battery based but I don't care since I almost never use it. It's good to know it'll work when I need it. My second backup is an 18650 LiIon based light that often gets handed off to a buddy who didn't realize he needed a light in Lake Travis.

If you think that light has 1000 lumen I have some swamp land I'd like you to consider purchasing...it's a great deal.

Moody s, I'm not a light expert by any means (I've never owned a canister light), but this light is impressively bright. I don't have a way to measure the exact lumens, but it is a lot brighter than my prior Intova Ultra Nova which was 220 lumens till a duracell battery burst inside and killed it. I'll put up a quick review of the K1000B after I get some dive time with it, but so far I'm impressed. Kary McNeal, the owner and mcneal3kl in this post, contacted me by phone after I sent a Facebook message to the Karick page asking about a user manual. A user manual is not included with the light to keep costs as low as possible (I like this way of thinking), but when you register the warranty on divekarick.com, you receive it then or they will email it to you. Mr. Mcneal seems like a very level guy that is sincerely focused on offering divers high quality lights that he would want to use for decent prices. Their Freedom light looks awesome and game changing for the canister dive light industry. Give me some time with the K1000B, and a big brother to my smaller Karick for my gear bag...hmmm.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom