K valve or a din any difference

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Contrary to what some here have said about filling a din valved tank with a yoke adapter THINK.......How do you screw ANYTHING into a yoke configuration? You may fill in the female port of the din valve with an adapter, which also serves as the mechanism to utilize yoke style 1st stages, and fill it that way. I look at this style air whip as a budget method. Most newer compressor lines have din male ends, and use a yoke adapter to fill yoke style valves. This dosn't ammount to squat as this conversation goes, but for the sake of clairity there you go....... I expressed my personal feeling about yoke valves earlier, thank you........
Wreck/Tec

with Wreck/Tec on this. DIN is a far superior connection to yoke. I do not own any yoke type tanks and would only dive a yoke connection if nothing else were possible.

In my opinion, yoke connections are ok for shallow openwater diving conditions but not if you plan on doing anything even remotely aggressive as far as depth or environment.

Tom

Back
Top Bottom