Just wondering

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hooked4Life:
checked out usa3000..How are they? I usually only fly continental but priced them out for ~340 from ewr to cun...GREAT DEAL ! $99 EACH WAY ??!!!
Uhhh oh...Im in trouble !
Becky

Not to rub it in but I just booked my flight... Chicago direct (yes, nonstop on United) to Coz for $99 round trip. It was a 1 day sale. Definitely an offer I couldn't refuse.

Oh... I actually don't "work" either :11ztongue I'm a DJ in a nightclub so that doesn't really classify as work. It is a job though.

Moodiejeff:
Not to rub it in but I just booked my flight... Chicago direct (yes, nonstop on United) to Coz for $99 round trip. It was a 1 day sale. Definitely an offer I couldn't refuse.

Oh... I actually don't "work" either :11ztongue I'm a DJ in a nightclub so that doesn't really classify as work. It is a job though.
Sweet deal~~I'd grab that even if it meant I couldn't even dive!!!!

Mawg:
My accountant deducts the cost of my trip to Cozumel every year. It is claimed as my annual corporate meeting. Some companies go to Vegas for their annual corporate meeting, I go to Cozumel. Sounds like business to me, smirk, smirk.

No foolin'? Say, could I hire on with your company as a consultant for $1/year so I could write mine off, too? I don't know what you do, but I've got a couple of technical degrees and I read a lot, so I know a little something about just about everything. ;^)

Fin59:
How many of us are on here checking out the Cozumel forum instead of working :wink:

I am working...I'm working on a way to get out here and go diving. I have two countdowns this summer one to Roatan and the other to Coz Jul 1-8th. Thank goodness for IRS refunds :wink:

pennypue:
Becky,
I LOVE them! They take off on time, they pay very close attention to who is on the plane. Since they are primarily charter for vacation packages they don't have too many people like you and I that just book only air fare. I've flown them three times to Cancun within the last year. And they have always been excellent. The only delays were because of traffic or weather, the flight attendants are excellent. Don't forget to add the cost of the $18 van ride to Playa del Carmen and the ferry ride over (about $8). You can get a flight over to Coz, but for the most part the additional time is too easily spent waiting for your plane, or waiting for it take off. (It's a 15 minute flight.)Plus you can only take one bag on the puddle jumper. If you have two, it's $20. Figure $36 for the cab ride back from PDC to airport. Total $70 round trip to take the ferry. The puddle jumper will cost you $100 assuming you only have one bag, $140 if you have two!!!!

Plus you can get the added enjoyment, if you're catching the ferry around 5pm, of watching all the pod people. (Cruisers) My favorite was when they were telling them which lines they needed to be in for which cruise ships (they had charter ferries to take them back to their boats). Then there was the announcement for 'everyone else'.
Todo la gente normale. LOL, all the NORMAL people, over here. Quite a few Mexicans were smiling when I started spontaneously hooting with laughter. :laughing:

OH I WOULD HAVE LOVED TO HEAR THAT !!!!!!!!!!!

Looked again on usa3000 and seems a lot of the flights are sold out.... :(

The only delays were because of traffic or weather - not sure where your from, but EWR, planes are NEVER ontime getting in OR out.

When we went in March, we flew into Cun, took the bus to PDC then ferry over to Coz..Dreadfully wouldnt want to do it again, but definatly would if I could save close to 1K. We considered taking the puddle jumper but getting back it would have hindered our last dive the day before..So, dont think I'd do that :wink: Didnt air Mexicana stop that service?

Went in March, and took 1.5 hrs to get through customs..Some other people staying at our hotel took 3hrs...THATS why you dont go during spring break...to CUN of all places :wink:

Pictures on our website... :wink:

Becky

Hooked4Life:
OH I WOULD HAVE LOVED TO HEAR THAT !!!!!!!!!!!

Looked again on usa3000 and seems a lot of the flights are sold out.... :(

The only delays were because of traffic or weather - not sure where your from, but EWR, planes are NEVER ontime getting in OR out.

When we went in March, we flew into Cun, took the bus to PDC then ferry over to Coz..Dreadfully wouldnt want to do it again, but definatly would if I could save close to 1K. We considered taking the puddle jumper but getting back it would have hindered our last dive the day before..So, dont think I'd do that :wink: Didnt air Mexicana stop that service?

Went in March, and took 1.5 hrs to get through customs..Some other people staying at our hotel took 3hrs...THATS why you dont go during spring break...to CUN of all places :wink:

Pictures on our website... :wink:

Becky
Becky, I flew in March 17th, immigration and customs was a zoo. But I was fortunate to pick the fastest line through passport control. I did have to wait to get my luggage, three planes of luggage!!! On the other hand, some of the people on our trip arrived about the same time and had to wait about 2 hours to catch the puddle jumper to the island. I was already there by the time they were on their plane. Plus then they had to sit on the tarmac for about a half hour. I prefer the van/ferry combo. I was still moving and it's cheaper!!! Plus, to catch the connecting flight they had to exit the building, walk around it and re-enter the departure gate since there was no way for them to pick up the connecting flight!

I've done this three times now. And I'm getting really comfortable with it!
I'm planning numbers four and five now.:D

Thank god I didnt book that puddle jumper..I'll look into that van (cheaper then the bus)? The bus really wasnt that bad, I'd do it again...Hopefully we'll be able to go this year, thinking about dec...did you book hotel through christi, caribe blu? If so approx. what was the cost? just trying to get an idea & dont want to bother her since I know she's busy...

Hooked4Life:
Thank god I didnt book that puddle jumper..I'll look into that van (cheaper then the bus)? The bus really wasnt that bad, I'd do it again...Hopefully we'll be able to go this year, thinking about dec...did you book hotel through christi, caribe blu? If so approx. what was the cost? just trying to get an idea & dont want to bother her since I know she's busy...

The van may be more or less expensive, depending on the size of your party, but one advantage to the van is that the driver will stop for beer on your way to PdC. Also, when you get to PdC, there is only a vanfull instead of a busfull of folks scrambling for the carts to get gear to the ferry pier, which is a few blocks from the closest place they can drop you off.

I don't know if Christi does any booking for Caribe Blu, but booking direct is easy. Email Jeanie at Blue Angel Dive Shop <bluangel@fidmail.com> and tell her when your trip is and she will take care of you.

Cheers,

ggunn:
I don't know if Christi does any booking for Caribe Blu, but booking direct is easy. Email Jeanie at Blue Angel Dive Shop <bluangel@fidmail.com> and tell her when your trip is and she will take care of you.

Cheers,

Thats the problem..dont have a date :( YET... Just wanted to get an idea of price range...On her website, she says you can book through her... But when Im ready, I'll check w/ Jeanie...Thanks :)

Becky.

Yes, we did book through Christi and Caribe Blu. Christi handled everything as a package which made it very convenient. Cost for our hotel and diving for six days, 16 dives was very reasonable. I'll have to get the info on the cost from home. Remind me if I forget.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom