Just passing thru

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Good stuff, Joe. If you're ever back to DSM give a call or contact Adventure Diving...we can set up a quick trip to Mason City, or dive the spillway on Saylorville (whoo hoo!).

Everyone else: I'm trying to get set up with Tanks-a-Lot for next Tuesday, Jan 15th. Anyone interested? The Cpt sounded a bit non-committal and would "give me a call". Thanks!

What do you think about going a few days later? ReelDreams is setting up a spearfishing trip but that does NOT mean you have to spearfish.

What do you think about going a few days later? ReelDreams is setting up a spearfishing trip but that does NOT mean you have to spearfish.
I'd LOVE to, but I'm in meetings the rest of the week. Only option for the rest of my week is a night dive if I can hook up with someone.

Just saw this thread...is there a trip going out on Friday Feb 15th with Ty? If so I'm interested...

Cheers.

-J.-

That's the plan. I haven't nailed down all the details with The Captain except the date. (feb 15) I'm a newb (17 dives, decent buoyancy skills and I can get 55min at around 50ft from an AL80) but he said there were some nice reefs within my skill range. Not sure how big his boat is but I've got to image there's room. I'm going to call him when it's closer to my trip. I'll post details.

If you know of any good sites I'd love to hear about them.

He has one of the most comfortable 6-pack boats you will ever see...he knows pretty much every site out there...the Sheridan is a nice wreck for someone of your experience:

Sheridan - Tampa / St. Petersburg SCUBA Site - Dive Spots

You can then do one of the classic Gulf ledges for the second dive.

Cheers.

-J.-

Great link. The wreck looks sweeet. I would enjoy filling the boat and meeting some of the locals.

Reading some of the other threads, it looks like you have it all down there. Salt water, springs, caves. I'm envious.

Great link. The wreck looks sweeet. I would enjoy filling the boat and meeting some of the locals.

Reading some of the other threads, it looks like you have it all down there. Salt water, springs, caves. I'm envious.

Yes, we do. :D

I'm keen if you guys need another person on Ty's boad. I wouldn't wait too long to book him. We saw a Roughtail Ray the other day with a 7ft wingspan out near the Sheridan area.

7ft span!! I'm calling Ty tomorrow. You guys make sure that ray doesn't leave till after I get down there.
04.gif

Lets fill this barge.

7ft span!! I'm calling Ty tomorrow. You guys make sure that ray doesn't leave till after I get down there.
04.gif

Lets fill this barge.

I'm hoping that is his "hang-out" and I will get a chance to see him again.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom