Just moved here. Question about refresher

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Calypso Divers Inc. Calypso Divers, More than just a dive shop

They are straight forward with no BS. I believe their cost is about $75 - includes Knowledge Review and confined water for skills practice. They will provide equipement for pool skills practice but you still need to bring your own Mask, Fins, Snorkel, and Booties - normal stuff.

Hope this helps,

Ben

Welcome to the board. I don't know much about padi but Calypso has a good reputation. So does Capt. Ty ( he is a member of the board you can search his name for contact info). I don't know for sure but I would bet that he could do a refresher from his boat and you could get a good dive in while you got adjusted to the water again. If you don't care about what orginazation you use I recommend Tampa Adventure Sports. I don't know what area you are in but they are up off of Fowler Ave. They are NAUI and Bert is a great instructor.

Calypso Divers Inc. Calypso Divers, More than just a dive shop

They are straight forward with no BS. I believe their cost is about $75 - includes Knowledge Review and confined water for skills practice. They will provide equipement for pool skills practice but you still need to bring your own Mask, Fins, Snorkel, and Booties - normal stuff.

Hope this helps,

Ben

I agree.... This is where I got my OW, Nitrox and now doing my AOW.... good people

Dont hesitate to talk to the guys at Divers Supply on Gun Hwy. See what your looking for in a refresher, and talk to the instructor to get what you want. Not just what the buck will get you.......

Great!!! Thanks everyone for the recommendations. Scubaboard members are awesome with the help. Okay, maybe its just divers in general. :)

I was out today, this is my project for tomorrow. My dad also wants to look into getting OW cert. He has always wanted to do it, but never pursued it. :)

What area of Tampa are you in? That will have a lot to do with which shop you use.

I DiveMaster for Calypso. If you end up going to them for your refresher (SCUBA tune-up) ask them to have me do it with you, we'll have a blast.

Dave.

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom