Just had to pull it out today & see if things

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Deb or Peter----how much(how many feet to order)1 inch webbing will I need?, gunna put 2 straps on it..I'm can order the material(so many feet of strap ie 1 inch webbing, the side squeeze plastic clips, 4 rivits with some washers). .Just need to know how long ya'lls straps are ???....TIA.....Joe

Webbing is cheap, IJS. If I were you I'd load the yak, measure over the gear from point of attachment to point of attachment, add two feet for when you clip and then cinch the webbing, and another couple of feet for errors.

I purchased straps that actually clip to my kayak, I didn't have to rivet mine. I have a Prowler Angler so I had attachment points.

Deb or Peter----how much(how many feet to order)1 inch webbing will I need?, gunna put 2 straps on it..I'm can order the material(so many feet of strap ie 1 inch webbing, the side squeeze plastic clips, 4 rivits with some washers). .Just need to know how long ya'lls straps are ???....TIA.....Joe
I would use 2" straps. Making sure you have about 10" left over on each side of the fastex buckle. They do make premade kits if you wanted to purchase one. Well at least my Hobie dealer sold them.

I have four straps, actually. They have come in handy so many times. When I dive, I use two near the bow for strapping down my mesh mask/fins bag. When not diving, I use them for strapping down a cooler. When I went kayak camping, I used them to strap down the luggage that was in my tank well.

Got my 'stuff' in yesterday---ordered it Fri from Austin Kayaks & got it in the next day!! ie Saturday(regular shipping charges)...Gunna put 2 straps on the back & leave the bungee 'system' going on the front......thanks for ya'lls help.....

Last edited:
Added 2 straps tonite----will cut excess on the female side after a trip out......thanks guys for the idea/help.....and left the bungee things as is, will loosen & put under gear when using the 2 straps....

kayakstraps.jpg

Last edited:
Nice improvement. Just a thought...what if your tank valve catches on the bungee? I have never seen a need for more than the straps.

thought of that exact situation----will remove it & use straps only---thanks again....

Hey guys and girls, who makes a Kayak big enough to carry two tanks?, Thinking of buying one soon but would like to make two tanks dives with it, or carry a cooler for the catch. Thanks, Scott.

OK Trident, the bigger ones should be able to handle two tanks. My 11ft has room, but have not tried it yet..
Single Kayaks - Ocean Kayak
I suggest the Trident because it is very stable, yet manuverable.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom