Just had to pull it out today & see if things

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

diver 85

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
'still fit'......Looks like all I need is some water, a little warmer weather---& my dang dive flag-- noticed I forgot it after taking the pic & 'disassembling'...

kayak2front.jpg

Nice!

You could take off the rear bungee and put on some web straps with fastex buckles that would probably work better for holding a tank and BC in the tank well. Most kayak shops should sell them.

Sweet ride!!!

And I agree with Peter, lose the bungees and get straps with buckles.

Nice!

You could take off the rear bungee and put on some web straps with fastex buckles that would probably work better for holding a tank and BC in the tank well. Most kayak shops should sell them.

Peter, thanks for the help--are you talking about these straps, like pictured on this Big Yak??....It's the only model I could find with no bungees--they(Ocean Kayak) are calling them 'gear straps'.......thanks again....
big_yak.jpg

Sweet ride!!!

And I agree with Peter, lose the bungees and get straps with buckles.

Deb, locate me some---I'm in the middle of NOWHERE when it comes to kayaks....tia....

Those are exactly what I am talking about.

Ah, I bought mine from a now-defunct kayak emporium. I know you can purchase them from OK online...

The only issue might be if they need to be pop riveted down. Often you can use the existing mounts for the bungee cords. I happen to have a pop rivet gun myself, but you can have someone at a kayak shop put them on for you if it requires a pop rivet gun. Of course if they charge a lot of money you could just buy the pop rivet gun. You will need marine quality pop rivets though.

Thanks Deb & Peter, I'm gunna call Austin Kayak & OK tomorrow, appreciate the help .....

The only issue might be if they need to be pop riveted down. Often you can use the existing mounts for the bungee cords. I happen to have a pop rivet gun myself, but you can have someone at a kayak shop put them on for you if it requires a pop rivet gun. Of course if they charge a lot of money you could just buy the pop rivet gun. You will need marine quality pop rivets though.

Know what you mean-I added the 2 hand straps year before last when I got it & used pop rivets to secure...Will ask what it will take/need for securing the straps.....

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom