Just got my 4 way Antarctic Undergarment

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

BORG

Contributor
Reaction score
Tucker, Georgia, just northeast of Atlanta
# of dives
100 - 199
I just got my 4 way stretch Antarctic Fleece dry suit undergarment in from Ron on E-bay, very fast shipping.
Man, does this thing look like it will keep me warm! It is very comfortable and I was working up a sweat just trying it on in my cool basement. I can see now why it will keep a diver toasty down to the 40-50 degree temps. I should be good to wear on a SI during a cold winter day as well.
How has this undergarment worked for some of you? I have heard some great reviews from most folks on this undergarment.

Thanks!

I have only put a few dives on mine because it has just been to high of air temps here with not low enough water temps for me to wear it much. I wore it in low to mid 40* water and was completely comfortable, and this is under a Whites Fusion.

I will be wearing it again this weekend while diving up in Lake Michigan. I am expecting water temps in the 40's so I am sure this will be just right. Luckly the air temp up in Milwaukee is only supposed to be in the low 80's.

The double layers does make it a little tougher to get into because they slide around a little, but over all I love my undergarment, and Ron could not be an easier guy to deal with...

Phil

I noticed the layers sliding around somewhat when I tried mine on this afternoon. I didn't don my suit, I was trying to see how the undergarment felt and fit. I have a Pinnacle Evolution 2, I bought about a month ago. I've been diving with T-shirt and shorts in shallow water and wamer water just to get use to using the suit. I got some compression bruises last weekend on and under my knees from not wearing an undergarment. I noticed that when I hit the first thermocline I could have used some undergarments then. My suit is much stiffer than your White's Fusion, so the compression bruises are to be expected.
Ron is a nice guy. Thanks for the in-put.

I had my Antartica in Lake Michigan yesterday with water temps of about 45* for aroubd 30 min at a time, and I never had a chill. I also bought a set of Rons polartech booties. They kept me completely toasty.....

Phil

Back
Top Bottom