Just got done with my first dive!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

PuyallupCoug

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
I just got done with my open water certification on hood canal in potlatch last wednesday and thursday. I dove about a half mile north of the hydro electric power station in potlatch at my instuctor, Barry Moore's house. There was a group of about 20 of us since were in his class at WSU. All I can say is I am now officially hooked on diving. I was cold and wet and loving it the whole time.

We did a skin dive for about 15 minutes and then donned our tanks and did our skills test's in about 15 feet of water and then we just did some sight seeing. We came back in and waited awhile for the other group to go then we donned new tanks and then headed out a ways down to about 55 feet and had to pass through a layer of zero visibility between about 25 and 45 feet. It is a whole new feeling when you can't see your hand in front of your face...way different than a 14 foot chlorine pool :14: As soon as we got below the crap it was like somebody turned on a light and a whole new view opened up. Visibility increased greatly, although it was a bit darker I could see a lot further. My wetsuit was a little loose so I had a lot of flush through with the water which was pretty dang cold but it was worth it. After playing around a bit we headed back up and we were done diving for the day. The second day we did a little compass run along with octo breathing and after that we were free to sight see a little bit. I'm sure I sound like the eager little rookie but i just wanted to share this story, ha! I plan on getting my AOW done this June or July and am looking forward to meeting some of you in the future. Possibly at the dives at alki?

Zach

Congratulations, Zach, and welcome to the ranks of the addicted!

Happy for you!

Congratulations!

Now you'll probably want to go out and get a dry suit, if you plan on diving regularly on the west coast.

Zach,
That's great! The good news is there is always something new to try in diving, so you get to be a rookie over and over as many times as you like. :D Glad your dives went so well!

-Ben M.

Eager rookie? I hear divers with 3000+ dives sound just like that! Welcome to diving!

Congratulations, it gets better and better.

Pete

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom