Just fun, inquiring divers wanted to know..so

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reminds me of my Navy days. In an undisclosed high desert location in Idaho we blew up an abandoned car and a refrigerator using chempak explosive. Amazing what a dozen packs of that stuff do to a an old car...the only thing left was the frame. We found the cam shaft about 100 yards away...

I agree with everyone else...sell tickets next time! And do video! Maybe if you got one of those tough sealable clear bags and paced the video housing inside it...the air would allow the bag to absorb most of the impact...just a thought!

Dude...those are some good ideas. I like to know that the steel tanks can take 8000 psi. I'll be using that argument at my LDS after I buy my tanks to get them cave filled.

Peace,
Greg

Quick update....
1.) Magnesium flares make awesome underwater sparklers for holiday celebrations.
2.) Yes, you can light traditional metal sparklers underwater. (magnesium flares)
3.) No, you can't use a lighter underwater, depsite what you do with regulator bubbles.
4.) Yes, Marshmallow will actually roast under water when using magnesium flares but they taste aweful.
5.) No, you cannot set off fireworks underwater and expect not to blow out your eardrums and everyone within 50 yards (sound is louder and faster in water......newbie rookie diver whose been presently banned found this out for us....there's always one in the corwd)
6.) Overly testosteroned firefighters still group hug quickly when suprised by a ill thinking rookie with underweater fireworks. Acting macho on surface does not change the fact that you needed to "cuddle" when frightened. But hey , were not predujical!!!! :p

My son is suggesting we could ship one of the buckets out to you. He doesn't think it would cost that much to send, and we're both thinking it would be worth the shipping cost to see the video of the results.

If this happens please, for the amusement of us all, post the video of the results.

Quick update....
1.) Magnesium flares make awesome underwater sparklers for holiday celebrations.
2.) Yes, you can light traditional metal sparklers underwater. (magnesium flares)
3.) No, you can't use a lighter underwater, depsite what you do with regulator bubbles.
4.) Yes, Marshmallow will actually roast under water when using magnesium flares but they taste aweful.
5.) No, you cannot set off fireworks underwater and expect not to blow out your eardrums and everyone within 50 yards (sound is louder and faster in water......newbie rookie diver whose been presently banned found this out for us....there's always one in the corwd)
6.) Overly testosteroned firefighters still group hug quickly when suprised by a ill thinking rookie with underweater fireworks. Acting macho on surface does not change the fact that you needed to "cuddle" when frightened. But hey , were not predujical!!!! :p

:D awesome

Think it through-

Video = Evidence.

'nuff said.

I don't like people that destroys things just for the pleasure of seen them destroyed.
Those materials could be needed for someone else.

Or lessons learned in destroying things can save lives? It is ok to enjoy your lessons too. *note to self* don't mention the 55 cars destroyed today in Sydney ... well they were kinda destroyed already in the Crash test labs when the manufacturers used them to see how they tolerated impacts. Those wastrel firefighters tore them apart today practicing extrication techniques for "injured occupants".

Great thread guys keep it coming! Pics = evidence :hm: your descriptions will suit me just fine:rofl3:

..snip..

Don't let the humorless get you down :)

That has to be a politically correct version of "Illegitimi non carborundum" :D

And before I get flamed by the nit-picking purist know-it-alls:
The phrase "Illegitimi non carborundum" may look like Latin, but it doesn't exactly translate to "Don't Let the Bastards Grind You Down."

Carborundum is actually the name of an extremely hard mineral (silicon carbide) used for grinding. Illegitimi suggests illegitimate, but it really has no meaning in Latin.

The phrase originated during World War II and is attributed to British army intelligence. It was later adopted by US Army general "Vinegar" Joe Stillwell as his war-time motto.

The phrase originated during World War II and is attributed to British army intelligence. It was later adopted by US Army general "Vinegar" Joe Stillwell as his war-time motto.[/SIZE]
Aha, that's interesting. I remember first encountering the phrase while reading a Wilbur Smith novel (I think it might have been "The Dark of the Sun") so I always assumed it was his invention.

As Barney Stinson would say. LEGEND...wait for it...DARY

I can't post a picture, otherwise there would be one.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom