Just fun, inquiring divers wanted to know..so

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

My kinda people

We got a hikers/hunters GPS unit and were going to see what happens tomorrow when we hit a local lake. It works fine in a small water tight box and gets a signal at the bottom of a 50gal wash tank drum?? Well see what happens.
Well be taking lights bulbs and soda down with us tomoroow....hit me up with suggestions for little stuff if your curious. (no firemen tomoroow so this will be a quite dive with just some little things to play with)

That was a great post, but I do agree that pictures or video would be even more enjoyable.

Quick update....
1.) Magnesium flares make awesome underwater sparklers for holiday celebrations.

You know that those magnesium flares you wasted could have been used to save someones life right :wink:?

Ok, I personally know a doctor and his wife from Argentina, and they are pretty sharp, saw an Anthony Bourdain show on Argentina and they LOVE meat there, so I have a hunch that most Argentinians are pretty cool, so would some diver from Argentina OTHER than Emoira please post your opinion on these highly American activities to show us that not all Argentinians are this messed up?

Any chance one of your group goes by "WhalerKyle"?

We have a "special hiding place" we recommend to people living in Argentia who keep thier flares hidden.

OK...so this is a summary of Sunday's dives:

1.) GPS was absolutely useless after about five feet. Couldnt get a signal. But if you hook the unit to a jersey line, you can sent it to the surface to get a reading and reel it back in.
2.) 100w light bulbs explode at 45 ft so be sure to keep them inside a zip lock baggie if you need to dive with them.
3.) You can light a small lightbulb underwater using a big 9 volt battery and two insulated wires. We were pleasantly surprised by this one. we did this at 30 ft.
4.) And for the adults in the crowd, french kissing underwater is rather terrific when your your narced from depth. ( sorry Bob, I'll need a raincheck for next dive and about a fifth of tequila first. Kat...you are awesome!!!) If you wish to "flash" other divers, it is rather difficult with a 7MM. But thanks for the effort! Will be posting the pics soon...lol

Great work guys! keep it coming! :D

Out of curiosity, what's the blast radius and how large was the debris field from the exploding Al80?

Great work guys! keep it coming! :D

Out of curiosity, what's the blast radius and how large was the debris field from the exploding Al80?

It was a tight field . only about an eight ft radius adn tha was because the botom was about 20ft away. We didnt get much distance on any peices.

For the stell tank we " detonated" we that was about a 30 ft radius with once piece about about 60 ft away, but we think this flea out of the water and then back into it. It was like a piece of shrapnel. the water really deadens any explosion. It stops bullets in just a few feet.

I forgot...sorry.

The soda bottle shaken at 80ft and opened did nothing...wasted a soda.
Peanut butter cups can easily be eaten at any depth as long as you put the whole thing in you mount at once. But the regulator either keep slipping out of your mouth or fastens itself to your teeth upon ascent once eaten.

Back
Top Bottom