Just found this forum

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jd50i

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
I found this forum while searching for information on hydro testing my tank. I bought it in 2008 but never used it, never had a fill. I mostly dive overseas and didn't want to carry the extra weight. I'm trying to get more active in diving locally so I was checking my equipment out.
I searched the forum but didn't find anything on using a fire department to hydro a tank. LDS wants $80 for hydro and VIP and fire department will hydro for $25. I've always rented tanks so have never had a tank tested.

Welcome to the community. As long as the Hydro testing is done by a licensed place. Go for it. The LDS will send you tank to a licensed facility so if you can cut out the middle man, go for it. Most places that do Hydro testing near me anyway Do Not do the vis after. You would have to get the vis at the LDS.
Best of luck

The fire department is not likely to actually be doing the hydro (nor is the dive shop). Tanks get sent out to hydro testing facilities. The shop is tacking on a bunch of extra money for themselves, the fire department probably isn't. There's no advantage to having it sent out by one middle man instead of another.

I wouldn't be surprised to find that the dive shop was sending the tank out to the same facility. Call the LDS and ask them where they send tanks for hydro if you're curious.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom