Just curious, but why, women? Why?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The biggest difference is architecture. Men's rooms usually have no dividers between urinals, so privacy is achieved by ignoring others. When you start to chat or look at other men, you've infringed on their privacy. You look exactly where you have to look and no where else. Women's rooms have individual stalls. Privacy is achieved by closing the door. When a woman is outside of a stall, she does not feel the same privacy constraints as you or I in the restroom.

For this reason, different restroom cultures have arisen. Men go to the restroom for bodily functions. If another man does more than nod at you, you wonder what's wrong with him. Men's rooms are silent. I'm told women do not always go to the restroom only for bodily functions, but to check makeup, chat, get a break from us, etc.

The problem with applying logic in an attempt to understand this difference is not that logic doesn't work or that women are illogical, but that you are lacking in the necessary basic information before you start to solve them problem.

I like men that wrestle with each other... very secure manly men BTW. If they went to the BR together, I would be suspicious that they were making some clandestine fishing trip deal.

very insightful Walter...as always. then there is that "P-shy" thing I have heard about.

catherine96821:
I like men that wrestle with each other... very secure manly men BTW. If they went to the BR together, I would be suspicious that they were making some clandestine fishing trip deal.

very insightful Walter...as always. then there is that "P-shy" thing I have heard about.

Agreed. Nice job, Walter.

And yeah... Peeing under pressure, with an audience, or people lined up behind me, is a no-go. LOL

Bashful kidneys...

Walter:
The biggest difference is architecture. Men's rooms usually have no dividers between urinals, so privacy is achieved by ignoring others. When you start to chat or look at other men, you've infringed on their privacy. You look exactly where you have to look and no where else. Women's rooms have individual stalls. Privacy is achieved by closing the door. When a woman is outside of a stall, she does not feel the same privacy constraints as you or I in the restroom.

For this reason, different restroom cultures have arisen. Men go to the restroom for bodily functions. If another man does more than nod at you, you wonder what's wrong with him. Men's rooms are silent. I'm told women do not always go to the restroom only for bodily functions, but to check makeup, chat, get a break from us, etc.

The problem with applying logic in an attempt to understand this difference is not that logic doesn't work or that women are illogical, but that you are lacking in the necessary basic information before you start to solve them problem.

You've put way too much thought into this, but there is some great material there for a sig line.

seriously, I think the term is "p-shy". A urologist told me, men go to the doctor about that. It's one of those "unkown tidbits" out there.

Walter:

I must be in the wrong rooms then cause they were anything but silent.

A woman I worked with had a bf who always sat down to pee. Where does that come from?

dherbman:
A woman I worked with had a bf who always sat down to pee.
Where does that come from?

bah... it's so much more fun to pee standing up and get the seat wet and
spray the cats if they get close enough

Back
Top Bottom