Just Conversation

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

What in the world do you a do-rag for? :confused: I mean it was used by certain folks when they covered their hair with "hair food" gooey grease. How does that apply to Scuba is beyond me!

They are meant for diving. I like my hair and ears to be covered so I have their thin nylon hoods for warm water. I used to have longer hair and I don't like it floating in my face. I also have a sensitive scalp to sunburn, so it protects my head too. :wink:

Carolyn:shark2:

They are meant for diving. I like my hair and ears to be covered so I have their thin nylon hoods for warm water. I used to have longer hair and I don't like it floating in my face. I also have a sensitive scalp to sunburn, so it protects my head too. :wink:

Carolyn:shark2:

Ahhh, got it, warm water! :D

I have never rented property but I know the woes of it. I have many clients that do and I just can't imagine them wanting to deal with all the issues. If you wind up with really good renters it can be a good situation when you can't sell the property or you intend to live there at some point it becomes a way to at least cover the payments, insurance and taxes on the property until you start living in it again.

Dang Mike! How much bad luck can someone have trying to dive?? Sorry nothing worked out for you. Oh well, maybe it is for the best. If you had gotten to dive in actual warm water you may not have ever been able to talk yourself into getting back in the ice :D

Dang Mike! How much bad luck can someone have trying to dive?? Sorry nothing worked out for you. Oh well, maybe it is for the best. If you had gotten to dive in actual warm water you may not have ever been able to talk yourself into getting back in the ice :D

:D
I did actually get wet, just not as long, where, and as often as planned. I ended up having to eat the cost of my pre-paid trip to Boynton Beach and dove a grotto (small one) in Hudson on Thurs night. Total dive time was about 1 hour, versus the 4 I had planned on being out. So, I did get a consulation prize, small though it was. Plus the grotto was cheap to dive - $15, and pretty neat all in all.

Secondly, I did get out on Friday before Ida hit and tried my luck finding shark teeth. Didn't find anything that would cause National Geographic to stop by my place to record, and no decent megalodons, but had a decent time anyway. So I did get out, just not as much by far as I wanted. Boy was it nice to dive in a thin wetsuit though. Wow the mobility!
Thanks for feeling my pain though!! :D

no... but I bet Denise has. :eyebrow:

(in her dive trailer.... on her dive gear... that is... I'm just sayin'.....)

I haven't resorted to tape yet. I do use zip ties quite a bit. :D

I can drag it all out and spend hours arranging and rearranging. I like the connections and inflate and deflate buttons better from two old bc's inflators than those that came with 2 of my diverite wings so I changed them out. Only problem was the ones on the bc's had the shoulder dump valves and I wanted to keep my more streamlined elbows so I wound up having to take the things apart and put them back together and by the time I got through and checked for air leaks and fixed those I had to change out the hose on Andrew's reg because it didn't match the attachment for the diverite inflator hose....

......yes, I could have kicked my own butt :D

:D
I did actually get wet, just not as long, where, and as often as planned. I ended up having to eat the cost of my pre-paid trip to Boynton Beach and dove a grotto (small one) in Hudson on Thurs night. Total dive time was about 1 hour, versus the 4 I had planned on being out. So, I did get a consulation prize, small though it was. Plus the grotto was cheap to dive - $15, and pretty neat all in all.

Secondly, I did get out on Friday before Ida hit and tried my luck finding shark teeth. Didn't find anything that would cause National Geographic to stop by my place to record, and no decent megalodons, but had a decent time anyway. So I did get out, just not as much by far as I wanted. Boy was it nice to dive in a thin wetsuit though. Wow the mobility!
Thanks for feeling my pain though!! :D

I'm glad you at least got to do some. I have been on a boat several times going out and had to turn around and come back in because the waves just would not cooperate and eat the cost of the hotel room.
I also know about the difference in mobility from a thin wetsuit to a drysuit. I am working on that now. I can't imagine having to put on enough undergarments to keep from freezing to death in ice water. I felt so confined in a shell suit with enough undergarments to stay warm in 68* water I changed to a neoprene drysuit. I have only had one dive in it with just a skin underneath but I think I will enjoy it alot better. The skin wasn't quite enough but I don't think it will take something much thicker than a skin.

I'm glad you at least got to do some. I have been on a boat several times going out and had to turn around and come back in because the waves just would not cooperate and eat the cost of the hotel room.

That use to happen to me quite a bit so I moved to the water!:snorkel::snorkel:

That use to happen to me quite a bit so I moved to the water!:snorkel::snorkel:

Would somebody please go by right before the next hurricane and rip the plywood off Kalik's windows?? :D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom