Just Conversation

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Mike!! How have you been? Have you done any ice diving lately? And duck or duct tape on one's heels is just sooo wrong on sooo many levels.:D

THANK YOU for asking!! (Get yer Kleenexes out) Been bumming! Had to fly from home (currently Estonia) to CA to deal with a rotten renter that totally trashed my house. Finally got them out, but oh, the damage. We are in about $4000 already. They skipped the country so we don't have any legal recourse even. I keep thinking of what I could have done with that money! :(

Nothing worse than being in diving areas and staying dry! I did get one day, just one day in the 3 weeks I was in CA to get out and spent it on a boat in Catalina. It was o.k. Disappointing cause I couldn't go more and had some gear issues.

Did however succeed in unloading a BCD and picked up one of Tobins wings, so that was good!

No ice yet, just miserable cold rain, then a smidgen of snow, then rain, etc. :(
We are going out regardless next Fri-Sat.

Also, did manage to get to DEMA but my dive trip at Boynton Beach for Fri-Sat (DEMA week) got canceled when the storms rolled in! :shakehead: Had to eat the cost for the pre-paid hotel rooms! Then hurricane Ida chased me out of the Gulf! So I am back to Estonia and cold water with bad vis! :(

However, I shall return next year! ... :eyebrow:

Hey Peeps! Wassup?

That's why I own these! They really work great and no friction rubs! :D

scuba-socks.jpg

http://www.scubadorag.com/cart/inde...id=146&zenid=ddcd8438b323ef16ea0ac1042e6eb142

Carolyn:shark2:

hmm.... those look interesting.

Holy cow, when I got to the States this year I was amazed to learn that duck tape has a new variant made by the manufacturers of Gorilla glue. This stuff is so AWESOME! How come nobody told me? :shakehead:

Oh, and did you know that duct/duck tape was originally called "duck" tape by the military (because of its water-shedding properties) and later when used on ducts it came to be referred to as "duct" tape?

Duct Tape actually "sucks" for using on ducts. It's fine short term, but long term it won't hold with heat/cold temp variations in the space (attic,etc) where the ducts are. You'll just end up replacing it within the year and have leaks blowing out. the glue in the tape releases after time in extreme heat/cold of attics.

there is a "silver metallic" type tape that works much better for ducts. It stays for years. One of the reasons you never see new HVAC installs with duct tape but with that silver metallic tape. they don't want to have to come back and warranty replace/reseal the ducts within the year.

Duct tape is great for temp solutions, but long term it sucks.

THANK YOU for asking!! (Get yer Kleenexes out) Been bumming! Had to fly from home (currently Estonia) to CA to deal with a rotten renter that totally trashed my house.

One of the reasons I sold my rental property. I had great renters, but still renters just don't take care of property that doesn't belong to them. it's a pain to get routine maintenance done, such as resealing/caulking windows etc, when you don't live there. so I sold it. (I was at a point where if I diddn't sell it within the year I was going to take a HUGE tax hit. so it made sense to sell it).

Hey y'all!

Epcot was good, got kissed by a sandtiger...wasn't allowed to touch with hands so I rubbed my face against his when he came by me! No hickeys tho! It was a good Bday all in all and great fun at DEMA.

We have had some shake up at our dive shop. Divorce has brought about change of ownership, and the former owner took ALL of the Naui books including the tests. So I am done with everything except the written exam. So, we are just waiting on new books. It has been a whole lot of stupid up here but we are getting things together!

Mike, the socks are nylon and silky smooth. I have their dorags too. I highly recommend all of their products!

The uses for duck/duct tape are endless!
ducttape.jpg

When Denise uses it...
duct_tape_turning_no_no_into_mmph_mmph_funny_tshirt-p235435704784236376q6ws_400.jpg

Carolyn:shark2:

I have their dorags too. I highly recommend

What in the world do you a do-rag for? :confused: I mean it was used by certain folks when they covered their hair with "hair food" gooey grease. How does that apply to Scuba is beyond me!

THANK YOU for asking!! (Get yer Kleenexes out) Been bumming! Had to fly from home (currently Estonia) to CA to deal with a rotten renter that totally trashed my house. Finally got them out, but oh, the damage. We are in about $4000 already. They skipped the country so we don't have any legal recourse even. I keep thinking of what I could have done with that money! :(

Nothing worse than being in diving areas and staying dry! I did get one day, just one day in the 3 weeks I was in CA to get out and spent it on a boat in Catalina. It was o.k. Disappointing cause I couldn't go more and had some gear issues.

Did however succeed in unloading a BCD and picked up one of Tobins wings, so that was good!

No ice yet, just miserable cold rain, then a smidgen of snow, then rain, etc. :(
We are going out regardless next Fri-Sat.

Also, did manage to get to DEMA but my dive trip at Boynton Beach for Fri-Sat (DEMA week) got canceled when the storms rolled in! :shakehead: Had to eat the cost for the pre-paid hotel rooms! Then hurricane Ida chased me out of the Gulf! So I am back to Estonia and cold water with bad vis! :(

However, I shall return next year! ... :eyebrow:

Snepdiver and I feel your pain with the worthless renters, plus and additional $1,000.

Snepdiver and I feel your pain with the worthless renters, plus and additional $1,000.

Thanks!
Sadly, we ain't done yet! :crying:

Oh well, I should look on the bright side ...
So how's Obama doing? :shocked2:

Last edited:
https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom