Just Conversation

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

AMAZING HOW TIME FLIES HUH?
hillbilly_wedding.jpg

Just kidding! Congrats on your 25 yrs of wedded bliss!

Carolyn:shark2:

Thanks Carolyn I just spit coffee all over my monitor! :rofl3:

hey PHD... check this out
I have flown with some of those guys!! In 2001 I was flying with the mail delivery plane inside the Arctic circle and we were landing on gravel strips the size of postage stamps. I was in the co-pilot's seat. (I was just a passenger but because I was a friend of Chuck's, he let me sit in the co-pilot's seat.) We were delivering mail and shuttling passengers. You have to weigh everything going into the plane. EVERYTHING and EVERYBODY! I'll never forget we had just left Fort Yukon and stopped in another village when 3 huge Eskimo wimmin waddled out to the plane. One of them was named "Birdie". We had to write down the weight on a clip board to see how much stuff we could haul out.

Chuck, the pilot, asked Birdie (as he did everyone) how much she had weighed on the scales which they had to step on before leaving the little airport building. She said, "319."
Chuck looked at the clipboard and said, "Hey, you lost weight!" :confused:
She was smiling ear to ear!

At the next village as we touched down, we hit a frost heave which slammed the front landing gear back up into the fuselage. WHAM! The plane leaped back into the air and I thought we wouldn't be able to stop before crashing into the trees, but Chuck was able to get the wheel re-deployed and the plane landed. The big flotation tires were what saved us.

Birdie was screaming and cussing at Chuck! I turned around and said, "Oh shut up! It's first time landing here! Give me a break!" :D
Probably not the brightest thing to say to a mad 320 pound Eskimo woman!

Poor Chuck about choked and, of course, Birdie just re-directed her abuse from Chuck to me, which made it even funnier. :wink:

Weazilla found this, and sent the link to me.

She isn't saying it, but I think it reminded her of Denise...

role-models.jpg

Glad you had a good laugh there Sibermike!

Just know I am not accountable or liable for any damages done to computers due to users not being able to contain liquids within their person. :wink:

Carolyn:shark2:

Last edited:
A reporter there doing a piece on the visit of this airship was so upset by the scene he was witnessing uttered the now infamous phrase of "Oh the humanity"

So, the "Oh the Huge Manatee" is a bit of a pun.

Well I have seen that video clip and knew about the Hindenburg!! I just had no clue where the Manatee fit in..

:balloons:

25 years ago I married :love: my high school sweetheart :cheerleader: (a cheerleader) and although she hasn't figured out yet how to get rid of me permanently like throwing a stick for my Lab to fetch, whenever she wants me to disappear, she throws my mask and says, "Look! Water!" :D

:balloons:Congratulations Mike!!!! :balloons:

Yes my husband asks me every weekend "Don't you have somewhere to go diving?" He doesn't want to feel guilty about hunting all weekend and leaving me at home alone.:D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom