Just Conversation

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

RocketMan:

I see you're hard at work again today...or do you sell real estate for a living:D

denisegg:
I'm not sure about my new toy I bought yesterday (this 42" widescreen plasma) I have a directtv satelite dish and so much of the programming is still in the 4:3 ratio (that's box for you Clay:D), so you either watch it with black bars on the sides or stretch the picture to fit to widescreen, which distorts the pic a bit. Any the rest of you have one of these...what are your experiences or thoughts on it..

oh and RocketMan, the agenda for today is does Denise keep this toy or take it back to the store...if they will take it back..I didn't even ask

I will assUme it has an hd tuner builtin. You need to get hd programming package from directtv. Then it will fit and not be distorted.

It is possible to get hd programming over the air if you are close enough to antenna.
Check here:
http://www.antennaweb.org/aw/welcome.aspx

denisegg:
oh and RocketMan, the agenda for today is does Denise keep this toy or take it back to the store...if they will take it back..I didn't even ask

I don't have a big screen TV yet (waiting for child #2 to finish college). But I've been window shopping (I'm sure you have more experience at that than I :wink: ). It won't be much longer before Digital TV is the standard (I think the FCC has slated 2009 when the switch from analog to digital is to be completed). Until then watch more DVDs than broadcast programing. I think the only reason I would return it would be to get the 60" model. :D

philmottrek99and02:
I think that we would have to witness this distortion problem and troubleshoot on site.

Howard, are you twisting my arm for an invitation...okay, you talked me into it. All you guys be here at 6:00pm tonight. We've got to get an early start on happy hour because I have to leave at 6:00am Saturday morning to dive, but it's BYOB...Of course once the drinking breaks out the distortion(remember on the tv...no snide remarks here:D ) will either get better, worse...or we won't care anymore:D

denisegg:
I see you're hard at work again today...or do you sell real estate for a living:D

You bet I'm working hard. In fact I'm working almost as hard as you.:monkeydan

RocketMan:
You bet I'm working hard. In fact I'm working as hard as you.:monkeydan

I like the ape...nice touch...it suits YOU:D Can you dance like that or are you just teasing me?:D ....oh well, you can show me at the party at Clay's house Feb 10th. Howard told me what he put in his hot chocolate recipe...I think that'll get you going:)

denisegg:
Howard, are you twisting my arm for an invitation...okay, you talked me into it. All you guys be here at 6:00pm tonight. We've got to get an early start on happy hour because I have to leave at 6:00am Saturday morning to dive, but it's BYOB...Of course once the drinking breaks out the distortion(remember on the tv...no snide remarks here:D ) will either get better, worse...or we won't care anymore:D

I am guessing that we will not care about distortion after sampling the rum. Well, I'll take a rain check. See I got to work until 3pm today, then if I left directly from work, to drive the 5 hours or so to your place (BIG GUESS on time), I'd be late to the party. I would also be tempted to go diving the next day. Oh rental would be no problem. Two essential items in my truck c card and golf clubs.

Howard

ps If I left directly from work I'd have to do a lot of splaining. Splaining that ultimately I could not AFFORD (monetarily):no

I see you guys have been acting up again, :smileysto...you've gone and run off your new playmate offroaddiver...and he was so nice too!!

denisegg:
I see you guys have been acting up again, :smileysto...you've gone and run off your new playmate offroaddiver...and he was so nice too!!
It weren't my fault. I have witnesses (or at least can hire some).

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom