Just bought a new Galileo Luna! Woot!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I have a luna. Excellent choice. Be careful if you decide to dive caverns. I found that mine sometimes loses pressure signal once I get inside the mouth of a cavern, mostly in Florida for whatever reason. Don't have the problem here in MO. And never for any other kind of diving. It's a great computer. You'll love it. Word of advice, turn off some of the audible alarms. It kinda overdoes it sometimes.

I have no intentions of cave diving (probably ever) any time soon. I also live in MO, just north of Springfield in a town called Buffalo. Maybe sometime we can meet on the lakes somewhere. With the fairly "low" level of complexity that I dive right now, I think I should have plenty of time to find its weaknesses before I get into anything very deep or technical.

Im jealous, I was looking at this computer for quite a while but was concerned about its size, when I finally got to see one in the flesh my worst fears were realised, I have am kinda small and it looked like am iPad on my arm, even at the smallest setting it was loose on my wrist. Im sure you will love it, I played around with one in a shop and spent a while looking at the manual, looks awesome. Congrats.

The computer is far better strapped to a forearm. I am 6'1" 225lbs and have no idea how anyone could wear that paperweight on their wrist. I love my Sol also...

To be fair, it wraps around the arm/wrist and has a lower profile than most multigas computers in the price range.

Which is my only real complaint. I've had on going challenges getting the multigas upgrade to work and the Trimix upgrade has been in the works for 4 years now and in Beta for at least the last 6 months.

With that in mind the Sol comes with the pmg upgrade as standard and in either case when the trimix upgrade is out, it is supposed to be free for users with the pmg upgrade already. Which is to say the Luna and Sol offer a great deal of growth potential for a diver.

I love the compass and its features as well. With the (lack of) viz we have around here the compass feature is gonna really be nice for way points.

When I here comments about the size of my Sol I tell them I got it so I can watch TV during my safety stops.

The computer is far better strapped to a forearm. I am 6'1" 225lbs and have no idea how anyone could wear that paperweight on their wrist. I love my Sol also...

Im a hobbit at 5'6 and 116lbs. My eye sight is fading and when worn up on the forearm its was little too close. Liquivison Lynx like it might fit the bill.

I agree about the alarm overload. Mine gives me Increased Workload alarm too frequently. What am I supposed to do, breathe like a machine at a constant rate?

Back
Top Bottom