Just bought a new Galileo Luna! Woot!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Chris Horn

Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
I haven't even dove it yet and I already love it. I'm so excited. I really don't have anything to say about it, just tooting my own horn I think. :eyebrow: I just had to tell someone who would understand my excitement since the wife doesn't seem to appreciate the "investment" and neither do my friends.

I love my Sol.

Watch the strap. Mine tore last year at Sipadan Island, fortunately I was on the boat still. I heard they started using better material so you will probably never have an issue. I use bungee cord now either way. Besides that it's been great...hundreds of dives without any problems.

I haven't even dove it yet and I already love it. I'm so excited. I really don't have anything to say about it, just tooting my own horn I think. :eyebrow: I just had to tell someone who would understand my excitement since the wife doesn't seem to appreciate the "investment" and neither do my friends.

Im jealous, I was looking at this computer for quite a while but was concerned about its size, when I finally got to see one in the flesh my worst fears were realised, I have am kinda small and it looked like am iPad on my arm, even at the smallest setting it was loose on my wrist. Im sure you will love it, I played around with one in a shop and spent a while looking at the manual, looks awesome. Congrats.

I have a luna. Excellent choice. Be careful if you decide to dive caverns. I found that mine sometimes loses pressure signal once I get inside the mouth of a cavern, mostly in Florida for whatever reason. Don't have the problem here in MO. And never for any other kind of diving. It's a great computer. You'll love it. Word of advice, turn off some of the audible alarms. It kinda overdoes it sometimes.

Good point about the alarms! I have my Luna in silent mode because of them. I've been in caverns, wrecks, and a cave with mine and didn't have any issues with signal loss. Some cameras, especially video, can cause some interference from what I have been told by other owners, but I guess my Canon w/single strobe doesn't affect mine.

Watch the strap. Mine tore last year at Sipadan Island, fortunately I was on the boat still. I heard they started using better material so you will probably never have an issue. I use bungee cord now either way. Besides that it's been great...hundreds of dives without any problems.

I have had maybe one other person say that to me before I bought it. I know several people that dive them around here and they all have had excellent luck, and that was a specific question I asked. So time will tell, but its definitely something i'm conscious of. Thanks for the heads up though.

Im jealous, I was looking at this computer for quite a while but was concerned about its size, when I finally got to see one in the flesh my worst fears were realised, I have am kinda small and it looked like am iPad on my arm, even at the smallest setting it was loose on my wrist. Im sure you will love it, I played around with one in a shop and spent a while looking at the manual, looks awesome. Congrats.

That is actually why I bought it. I had decided I did not want a wrist mount due to the lack of size in the display. then a guy showed me the Sol and explained the Luna capabilities to me. I realized I found what I had been wanting. But I certainly understand why you say that. I couple of my friends say the same thing and they think it looks goofy. But I think they look goofy so who cares.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom