Just bought 600D to discover 650d about to be launched :(

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

MermaidLaura

Registered
Reaction score
Oh I am sooo gutted.

After doing so much research on what DSLR to buy I decided to get the Canon 600D. I haven't got it in the water yet as I have been waiting for the housing - due next week.

I read today that the 650D is due to be released on Monday - and it looks really great. This, I guess, is the risk one takes when buying camera equipment.

Does anyone know whether the RDX600d will also fit the RDX650d - or is it still "early days".

I could have done with that autofocus in video...

:(

Laura - don't feel too bad yet, auto-focus during video doesn't always work great underwater. With the Nikon cameras it is unusable. It may turn out that the 650D doesn't auto-focus great underwater either, then you won't have to feel bad :) - Scott

I am in the same boat, get a T3i now, or wait a little bit and get the T4i. However, it will be sometime before Nauticam releases a housing for the T4i. I am huge Nauticam housing fan. I am looking into a descent system for macro photography, I don't care about the auto focus for video as I don't do video. The only video I do is with my iPhone.

You will never keep up. Unless you've got a last name like Gates, or Buffet. Just get what you need and be happy with it, because just like computers, they will always be coming out with the next new, better model right down the road. The 600D is a great camera and other than higher ISO capability the new one isn't really giving you anything more.

Thank you everyone, I feel like I can now sleep a whole lot better!

Scott, I decided on this camera after your great review of it (and the Sea and Sea housing). Looking forward to using it soon :D

Laura

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom