Cozumel divers - what camera are you using these days?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Last edited:
Take your camera to Colombia Shallows. In many dives there over 25+ years of diving Cozumel I have never seen the current there be more than a very gentle flow, and it's very shallow (30' or so max) so there is plenty of natural light. The coral formations there are beautiful and there is plenty of life.

No doubt about it. Lots of divers equate Columbia Shallows to a baby pool just as they do little shallow Paradise reef. Well, everything I've seen on deep dives I've seen in the shallows. Large sea life perhaps not as frequent but it's there. Nothing like tracking a 6' Green Moray for 10-15 minutes through the endless coral as it swims in, out, under and around everything on its way.

I dove one time at Columbia Shallows and it was on a sunny day. Wonderful! The coral is so healthy there. The only thing that would make CS better would be a bit more color. I probably got my best GoPro footage on that dive.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom