Jupiter diving 20 April 2013 - Wreck Trek and Scarface

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

acteg

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Dove with Scuba Works / Capt. SL8TR charters again this weekend. The day started off nice and sunny but things got a little cloudy/rainy as the day went on, but it didn't affect the diving. Vis was good, and overall conditions were good. Didn't see a lot compared to some of my other Jupiter dives, but the dives were great. I had a couple of coworkers from a past life call me up and tell me they wanted to dive, so I told them to come on down Friday night and we would dive Jupiter Saturday morning. They took Friday night to mean midnight, which means we didn't get to sleep until around 2am, and then we had to get up at 5am to make the drive to Jupiter (side note: white chocolate macadamia nut cliff bar on an empty stomach during your surface interval will make you feel nauseous - way too much sugar, oh and only 3 hours sleep sucks).

They don't dive often so I always worry about how things are going to go. Rob, the DM, did a good job of getting them setup and keeping an eye on them. I really appreciate this because in the past I felt like I was there to make sure they dove safely instead of enjoying my own dive. I felt the need to help them setup their gear, check everything over, make sure they were properly weighted, and then watch them through the whole dive. With Rob DMing, I feel like I can enjoy my own dive knowing that he will keep an eye on my guests (who are buddied up together). Plus, being a beginning diver myself, I feel like I should leave assisting others to the professionals. It's not the kind of responsibility I want to have when trying to relax and have a good time.

There's not a ton of action in the video (Some grouper, scorpion fish, a couple of morays), but if you want to check out what conditions were like, or what it's like to dive the wreck trek, it's worth a looksee.

thanks

[video=youtube;DDn8Kd75QVA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DDn8Kd75QVA[/video]

Nice Sean, your videos are getting better and better. I like the stick figure jam as well. Rob is an awesome DM, he's been my instructor for all of my classes. I'm on the boat for this Sunday, hopping conditions will improve a bit, looks like you had some good vis, I like the shots inside of the wreck.

Thanks Mickey. I'm out this weekend, but hope to be diving again next Friday.

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom