Jupiter dive crew convicted of stealing fishing gear

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

You guys have no idea how good you have it with the FWC and similar regulatory agencies.
Most of the fisheries in the world are controlled by fisherman leaving them unsustainable and unprofitable in the long run.

An example we have here is the common amberjack. 40 years ago we had thousands of them. Then someone figured out you can catch a whole school of them with a seine net and now in my 20 years of different kinds of fishing styles including rod and reel, spearfishing and longlining I have caught 1 bigger than 10 kg and saw another 3. They are hunted to extinction here in the Adriatic and a good portion of euoprean Mediterranean.

Sentencing Announced.......

John Moore Jr. and Tanner Mansell faced up to five years in federal prison and as much as $250,000 in fines after jurors convicted them of theft in December. U.S. Judge Donald Middlebrooks spared them from both this month, sentencing the men to one year of probation and about $3,345 in repayment to the fisherman whose sharks they freed.

News citation link with background >>>

If everything ran perfectly half off is wouldn’t have work

Of all the government agencies, the FWC is my favorite. They might not always agree with the rules they are given, but they always seem to try to be fair. Unless you're an obvious poacher and then it's Katy bar the door.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom