JUP Rpt Jun 7 - Jupiter Dive Center's New Store

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Johnoly

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
2500 - 4999
I jumped on the Jupiter Dive Center's Republic 4 charter with Captain Ryan. Jupiter is known for its big annual seasons,,,, Goliaths, sharks, lobsters, lemons, and now its TURTLES !! .

Conditions today were no wind flat seas, 80° bottom temp, normal 1.5 knots current, top to bottom blue 90 ft of visibility that you can see the reef from the surface. I counted 18 turtles on Loggerhead reef. Picked up a few more lionfish tails to put me into the Tier 1 tournament. The month of June beats January diving any day!

JDC recently announced their shop was moving, but not the boats. The building was sold to a new owner and they are being extremely nice, beyond helpful, and no arguments with JDC owners at all. Today loading the boat at their regular dock was just like normal. Drop gear, go park in the grass, sign paperwork, and get on the boat.

20240607_132625.jpg

Afterwards I stopped at the new shop's soft opening by US1 and Indiantown rd, Right next to Staples. They're open, up & running.

20240607_140622.jpg

Shelves and racks stocked

shop_comb.jpg

Full tech , rebuild and repairs and already working on a dozen customer regs.

20240607_142157.jpg

Air nitrox and '02 bank bottles ready, and Compressors cranking.

fillstation.jpg

And by the time you read this,,, that familiar pssssst-pop will be coming from the tank fill whips. As with any move, they are finishing up the tiny stuff, but they are open & diving. Stop in the new shop and say Hi !!

Do divers still have access to the restrooms in the old shop building? It was always a special delight for me to dive in Jupiter when I lived in Miami and Hollywood, and after the rather lengthy drive was glad to know that there were clean facilities available when I arrived, and to use again before heading back home. Having the fill station right by the dock was also a great convenience, especially on those days when I would do both AM and PM trips.

Do divers still have access to the restrooms in the old shop building? It was always a special delight for me to dive in Jupiter when I lived in Miami and Hollywood, and after the rather lengthy drive was glad to know that there were clean facilities available when I arrived, and to use again before heading back home. Having the fill station right by the dock was also a great convenience, especially on those days when I would do both AM and PM trips.

Per faq on Jupiter dive center - no

Also no fills at dock.

Per faq on Jupiter dive center - no

Also no fills at dock.
Thank you for the update. I was aware that the fill station is now at the new shop, and appreciate your information about the WC.

Thank you for the update. I was aware that the fill station is now at the new shop, and appreciate your information about the WC.

You're welcome. Previous reply from phone, I'm more adept/comfortable w/laptop, here's detail:

Please note! We do not have access to the building. We are unable to fill tanks dockside, making it important to remember to reserve any tanks you may need before arriving for your scheduled charter, nor will there be access to restroom facilities on land, but each boat has a marine head.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom